Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Screen calibration using 'Spyder2'.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    18 Apr 2005 - 9:58 AM

Have been advised to calibrate my 'Puter' screen using the 'Spyder' system which I have looked into at great length and it seems to be the answer.
    Just wondered if anyone on here has used it and what they thought of it.
    Many thank's,
    Laurel.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Apr 2005 - 9:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:13 AM

Laurel,
    I got your email but could not reply server problems,
    My own personal experience with the spider that it is a must when it comes to calibrating your monitor,i normally do mine every two weeks,money well spent.

Andy...

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022894 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna30 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:17 AM

Considering the alternatives which are so expensive they'd make your eyes bleed, the Spyder is a god send. When I see the price now, it bugs the life out of me, 'cos I paid 500 when it was first released with three licences.

What makes it so user friendly is the option of letting the Spyder make alterations or for you to use the Spyder's sensors to make them yourself accordingly.

covey
    covey  91672 forum posts Ireland
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:18 AM

Andy,

I've seen you say this before. Why every two weeks? How can it 'lose' the calibration!!

T.

mdpontin
    mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:19 AM

Monitor performance changes over time?

Doug

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:20 AM

They recommend every month,i just do mine every fortnight,out of habit really.

User_Removed
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:34 AM

Thank's everyone for your prompt replies. I appreciate it. Well I'm off to order the spyder then. Thank's.
    P.S. Well done on the BAFTA Andy. Don't drink too much at the party. (As if...lol)
    L.S.

stevebutler
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:56 AM

I've been looking to get one of these myself after reading up on peoples advise. Anyone know the cheapest place to get one from? Off to work now, so thanks in advance for any help.

Steve!

User_Removed
    18 Apr 2005 - 11:13 AM

You beat me to it Steve. I've seen it on www.colourconfidence.com for 115ish. Can that be beaten?
    The other question is, do you recommend getting the Colour management check up kit (40) or is that not neccessary? Thank's for your time on this.
    L.S.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022894 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna30 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Apr 2005 - 11:28 AM

Colour Managment kits are useful as long as they include a paper that is the same, or very closely resembles the one your going to be printing on.

Unless you're going to be spectrographing your prints it's as easy to match the print result against the screen and use your own judgement on whether the resultant colour is acceptable.

User_Removed
    18 Apr 2005 - 12:58 PM

Just 'bookmarking'...

guidoa
    guidoa  121325 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Apr 2005 - 1:46 PM

Same price at EPZ shop, the 115 quoted is exclusive of VAT

AdrianTurner
    18 Apr 2005 - 1:54 PM

Got the SpyderPro and PrintFix bundle, if you use a supported printer and the budget will run to it, it's spot on for colour management as you print the target on the range of papers you use and then scan them through the patch reader to create an ICC profile for each paper on your printer.

Best peripheral buy I have ever made.

Adrian.

User_Removed
    18 Apr 2005 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for your help everyone. Much appreciated.
    Mike.........Bookmarking???

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.