Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

SE Group - Ashdown Forest 2011 - 11/12/2011

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
22 Nov 2011 5:33PM
Hi everyone

We have almost achieved our aim of a meet each month throughout the year.

So, our final get together is to Ashdown Forest with various options, but it has to said of a predominantly Landscape bias but there are other options as well for some macro / close shots

To view more details regarding this event, click here .

It is a bit isolated, no facilities, bring a flask or hip- flask to quench your thirst... but there is a Tea Room just down the road for a snack etc. if we want a refuge from really bad weather ! !

Hope as many of the regulars can make this final get together of the year.... and of course any "newcomers" wiould also be most welcome to join us

Any questions, please do ask.

Jeff

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
26 Nov 2011 8:25AM
Any week-end visitors to epz interested in coming along for the Final 2011 meet of the South East Group.

Get away from the crowded shops and come for some fresh air in the lovely East Sussex countryside Smile
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
3 Dec 2011 11:41AM
Anyone else interested in coming along on Sunday 11th ?

Can I entice you with an offer of Waitrose's mince pies Smile
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
8 Dec 2011 8:50AM
The weather forecast keeps changing every time I look at it Sad

In summary,
We may find some Gold...
either
in a pot at the end of the rainbow
in an Olympic medal for ice skating
or yachting

Or how about appearing in a musical.... "Singing In he Rain"

We have been extremely blessed with good weather every month this year so please do not let us be defeated for the this final get together of 2011.
Shots of puddles, raindrops on car windscreens etc.can be quite creative Wink

The lure of the nearby Tea Room looks a distinct possibility though Wink

Jeff
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
11 Dec 2011 6:57PM
Well, that is that.

We achieved our aim of a meet each month in 2011 with today's trip where we finally had some rain for the first time on a meet this year Smile

Just hijacking this thread a little.

I would like to thank everyone who has come along to all or just some of our trips, including our "friends" from Hampshire who gave us some excellent suggestions of places to visit and indeed joined us as well for the New Forest trip in October.

Jeff
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
12 Dec 2011 9:23PM

Quote:We achieved our aim of a meet each month in 2011

And plans are already afoot for January 2012 Grin
perkyjude 3 46 11 England
13 Dec 2011 8:05AM
I have really enjoyed meeting with you guys - sorry I whimped out with the bad weather on Sunday but as I already have a chest infection I didn't think walking around in rain would help any. Looking forward to seeing any photos you guys managed to achieve in such awful conditions. ☺
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
13 Dec 2011 8:24AM
Shame you could not make it Jude but I hope you get well soon but I have had to eat your share of the mince pies Smile

The weather improved in the afternoon after lunch.
I managed to get far more " better" images than in the morning, eventually packing up at 15:45.

Cannot speak for the others, no doubt they will stop by with their thoughts on the meet.

Perhaps will see you next year sometime.

Jeff

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.