Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Seculine Triggers

backbeat e2
8 134 1 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2010 9:09PM
I just took delivery of a set of Seculine Twin Link radio triggers....the receivers seem to boot up fine when i put the batteries in, but i can't get the transmitter to work at all. The LED display comes on very briefly, then nothing... I've tried a new set of batteries as well.

It seemes like its just a dud, but just in case anyone knows better, am i doing something wrong?

thanks

Phil

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 7 485 13 England
9 Oct 2010 9:32PM
does sound like a dud one. The transmitter stays on for 5 mins when you press the awake button and goes off if not used after that time. You have done all the obvious things with the batteries so i can't think of anything else it could be, unless i am missing something too. Shame as they are a very very good set of triggers. Get them changed over as i am sure you will enjoy them when you get a fully working set

rgds
Dave
backbeat e2
8 134 1 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2010 9:45PM
cheers dave

yeah...i cant think of anything else either, and the manual doesn't throw any light on it..

shame as well, as i'll have to send em back to Warehouse Express, and i wanted them for a shoot on tuesday....oh well

phil
backbeat e2
8 134 1 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2010 12:11PM
^&*%$^*^*)*!!!!!!!

i sent for another set, which arrived 10 minutes ago, and the same bleedin thing has happened!!! nothing happens when i put the batteries into the transmitter, no display or anything.....if i take the battery cover off and press down on the batteries i get a slight display that fades straight away..exactly the same as the last transmitter.

surely i can't have 2 duds in a row...it must be something i'm doing, but i've tried two sets of batteries, and how difficult is it to put those round, flat batteries in...like it says in the manual, plus side up on on top of the other

any advice greatly recieved, as i'm one minute away from jumping all over it....AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!

Phil

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.