Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Security and viruses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315605 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Sep 2012 - 11:01 PM

Your PC will not contract a virus if you are running Norton. Nor will it do anything else.....

Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Sep 2012 - 11:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Sep 2012 - 3:31 PM

Last time I used Nortons all seemed sweet initially but things went rapidly downhill.

After about 3 weeks and nearly at a standstill I decided to uninstall Nortons.

To do this I needed to download a program from the Norton website. However the Norton AV blocked the Norton website - and everything else.

I eventually did manage to get shot of it.

Once bit....! Sad

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014947 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Sep 2012 - 6:54 PM

I had the same problems Jas, years ago. Getting rid of it is like a breath of fresh air after being inside for a month or two. IMO, McAfee isn't much different. It's like the programers are so obsessed with preventing virus's, etc., they have forgotten that we still need to use our PCs.Tongue

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
7 Sep 2012 - 8:00 PM

My laptop had a time limited McAfee included when purchased, but when it ran out I got rid of it (eventually) and installed AVG. The machine ran much smoother/faster. I have had no reason to change since and AVG seems to work well.

I also run Malwarebytes every so often and Spybot, with the occasional burst of CCleaner, and have been virtually trouble free for years.

aashton
aashton  2
17 Sep 2012 - 11:32 AM

In my opinion you should use Norton Antivirus and regulary update this. It is best antivirus and if your files is corrupted with the virus that it is capable to repair these affected files. I am using Noton from last five years and I never faced any virus related problem.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 11:44 AM

Quote: It is best antivirus

Absolute tosh!.......I'll tell what it is Smile It's the biggest piece of conware/bloatware on the market today, apart from anything from Adobe, but at least Adobe works!.....Don't believe the hype and marketing!!!

Ade Smile

Jestertheclown
17 Sep 2012 - 1:08 PM

Quote: if your files is corrupted with the virus that it is capable to repair these affected files.

If your files is corrupted it's too late. The AV hasn't done its job and it's not going to repair them.

icphoto
icphoto  131454 forum posts England
17 Sep 2012 - 6:38 PM

I use Trend Micro, and have been doing so for the past two years with no poblems. I used to use McAfee but found it to be totally useless, as for Norton well years ago I installed it on a machine had nothing but bother with it, and had a heck of a time getting it unistalled.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95940 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 7:34 PM

Webroot

User_Removed
18 Sep 2012 - 6:35 PM

Quote: If your files is corrupted it's too late. The AV hasn't done its job and it's not going to repair them.

This is totally not true. It depends on the virus, the file and how the virus attaches itself to executables.

Jestertheclown
18 Sep 2012 - 6:41 PM

Goodbye.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.