Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Seen any bluebells yet . . . ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown
15 Apr 2012 - 9:41 PM

Has anyone seen any bluebells in fairly large quantities yet?

I know that it's perhaps a bit early in the year but all of the other spring flowers are in bloom yet, so far, I haven't seen any bluebells.

There's an area of woodland close to where I live and work known (predictably!) as "Bluebell Wood" which becomes a sea of them for about two weeks each spring. As soon as I know they're there, some colleagues and I take groups of children up onto the downs to see them. (I work at a school.)
The problem is, if we don't know they're out, we might miss them.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Apr 2012 - 9:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gary_d
gary_d e2 Member 6519 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2012 - 9:47 PM

Just the odd one or too here.

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 5180 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2012 - 9:53 PM

Hi Brendan,

I drove through the countryside between Maidstone and Ashford in Kent today and saw lots in different wooded areas.

Derek

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110167 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2012 - 10:16 PM

loads down around Babbacombe and the areas down to the Devon / Cornwall borders 10 days or so ago.
Just a few showing around the Bournemouth area at the moment

strawman
strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2012 - 10:39 PM

At Basildon house there were plenty to see last Tuesday, I should image they should be at their best around now.

catgirl73
catgirl73  6137 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Apr 2012 - 10:39 PM

National Trust has a bluebell map, there might be some near you. I think they are starting to come out. I plan to go out next weekend to Ashridge Estate on the hunt.

Jestertheclown
15 Apr 2012 - 10:56 PM

Thanks Everyone.

I think I'm going to have to climb the hill and take a look for myself since there aren't any at all showing here just yet.
I didn't know there was such a thing as a 'bluebell map,' I'll have a look for it.
As for 'Ashridge,' if that's the one near Dunstable, then I know it. I normally use it as a yardstick to gauge when the bluebells should be out here.

Bren.

User_Removed
15 Apr 2012 - 11:23 PM

Had a quick look at Ashridge's Dockey wood. Next Sunday I reckon for a full bloom. Nuff said.
I'll be there from about 3.00pm Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 15 Apr 2012 - 11:24 PM
Jestertheclown
15 Apr 2012 - 11:52 PM

Thanks Gerry.
Lack of transport prevents me from getting to Ashridge but Docky Wood is always mentioned around here (I live in Dunstable) when the bluebells are out.
When they're there, they're usually out in our 'Bluebell Wood.'
Bren.

User_Removed
16 Apr 2012 - 7:05 AM

Bren, if you want me to pop round and pick you up, that's no problem. I'll even drop you home again afterwards if you behave yourself. Wink
Just drop me a PM with your post code and address. I plan to get there about 3.00 - 3.30pm but I'll only be coming from two miles away.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 16 Apr 2012 - 7:06 AM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Apr 2012 - 7:13 AM

do you want to come pick me up from South Wakes, Gerry? Tongue

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123855 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Apr 2012 - 8:01 AM

bluebells around me in South Bucks are beginning to show well and Dockey wood this weekend should start to be in it's prime; beware you will not be alone there.

Jestertheclown
16 Apr 2012 - 8:07 AM

Quote: beware you will not be alone there.

Are you going PJ?

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 16 Apr 2012 - 8:08 AM
peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123855 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Apr 2012 - 8:15 AM

If I go it will be very early in the morning but even then there will be a few photographers creeping through the undergrowth Grin

keith selmes
16 Apr 2012 - 11:33 AM

They've been out in my garden in south devon for a couple of weeks - unusually early.
I seem to have even more this year as well.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.