Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

seen one of my photos on a website!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Coventryphotog
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1149 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Apr 2013 - 7:59 PM

Quote: I too found that a publisher was using one of my photos that they had stripped from panoramio for their book on "Dog walking" routes.
When I contacted them they were apologetic and assured me that there was an accreditation later in the publicatio. However it would have been polite to ask me first, and send me a tenner too!

Panoramio are a funny site - I had problems with images beng downloaded from their servers and used commercially, via the API..when I approached the users of my images they were all very good, apologised and removed images (no compensation though) - they all cited the Panoramio API guide as their reason for using the said images.

When I took Panoramio to task about this they initially argued that it was a part of their reason d'etre that they shared images through the API system and that membership of Panoramio was conditional on permission for such distribution.

Once I pointed them to their own registration pages which gave users two options - All rights reserved, or share through the API (can't remember exact term) they went strangely quiet...... My images were all rights reserved by default.

Result - I stopped using Panoramio, and started making people aware of this aberation. I eventually removed my mages from their site, and Google Earth etc.... Hopefully they have changed, but then they could not be trusted to follow their own guidelines....

Admittedly this is about 2 years ago - hopefully they have now grown up a bit.

Last Modified By Coventryphotog at 17 Apr 2013 - 8:00 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Apr 2013 - 7:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Brian_Scott
Brian_Scott e2 Member 542 forum postsBrian_Scott vcard United Kingdom27 Constructive Critique Points
17 Apr 2013 - 10:39 PM

Quote: I have served a take it down notice to the link in Saltireblue comment (second link down) and within minuets received this back..

Hi

The image was removed.

We do not indend to infringe copyrights.

Have a nice day

Told you they would Smile ive had loads of similar emails from the dozens of wallpaper sites using mine

bainsybike
17 Apr 2013 - 11:38 PM

Quote: and within minuets received this back..

So they don't want to tango?

Wink

mymindseye
19 Apr 2013 - 9:39 AM

email received from scenicreflections...

Image removed. If you find any other images, please let us know.

Thank you for letting us know!

Paul Diemer, DMCA Agent

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.