Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Sekonic L-758D???

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2012 12:19PM
Im looking to purchase a professional light meter, so can anyone give me some idea how good or bad the Sekonic L-758D DigitalMaster Light Meter is? From what Ive read, it seems to be a good light meter. Thanks for any input.
Stephen

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
13 Nov 2012 12:42PM
Yes that's a brilliant highly sophisticated meter. Do you need something so advanced though? Sekonic and Gossen both provide a really good reliable range of meters.
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2012 1:25PM
For studio work i's thinking the Sekonic 308s will be all that I need, but its on my wish list for now - about 140 and it comes in bright colours Smile

Will you be using yours for video work or anything that needs the higher spec features?
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2012 1:59PM

Quote:Will you be using yours for video work or anything that needs the higher spec features?

I dont do video with my camera, though the Canon 5D MKII does offer you video. I use a video camera for film though. The L-758D will calibrate with my camera which will hopefully generate better images, especially the dynamic range. I am really looking to cover every eventuality and then not have to upgrade at a later time.
thewilliam 6 4.9k
13 Nov 2012 4:06PM
She-who-must-be-obeyed uses the Sekonic 358 which seems to be the current industry standard for working professionals.
Consulo 10 815 10 Scotland
13 Nov 2012 4:09PM
Sekonic L-358 is a good choice, I had one for a while and it served me very well. Currently using the L-558, which is supoib!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
13 Nov 2012 5:14PM

Quote:Im looking to purchase a professional light meter

Why ?

Quote:The 308 would be more than enough

I`m still using the Shepherd equivalent, the Polaris, purchased in about 96 Smile

It covers all my needs.

Quote:The L-758D will calibrate with my camera

As will any meter.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.