Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sekonic L-758D???

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    puertouk
    puertouk  21053 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 12:19 PM

I´m looking to purchase a professional light meter, so can anyone give me some idea how good or bad the Sekonic L-758D DigitalMaster Light Meter is? From what I´ve read, it seems to be a good light meter. Thanks for any input.
    Stephen

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Nov 2012 - 12:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yes that's a brilliant highly sophisticated meter. Do you need something so advanced though? Sekonic and Gossen both provide a really good reliable range of meters.

Last Modified By Pete at 13 Nov 2012 - 12:43 PM
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53529 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 1:25 PM

For studio work i's thinking the Sekonic 308s will be all that I need, but its on my wish list for now - about £140 and it comes in bright colours Smile

Will you be using yours for video work or anything that needs the higher spec features?

puertouk
    puertouk  21053 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 1:59 PM

Quote: Will you be using yours for video work or anything that needs the higher spec features?

I don´t do video with my camera, though the Canon 5D MKII does offer you video. I use a video camera for film though. The L-758D will calibrate with my camera which will hopefully generate better images, especially the dynamic range. I am really looking to cover every eventuality and then not have to upgrade at a later time.

thewilliam
    13 Nov 2012 - 4:06 PM

She-who-must-be-obeyed uses the Sekonic 358 which seems to be the current industry standard for working professionals.

Consulo
    Consulo  10762 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 4:09 PM

Sekonic L-358 is a good choice, I had one for a while and it served me very well. Currently using the L-558, which is supoib!

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314903 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 5:14 PM

Quote: I´m looking to purchase a professional light meter

Why ?

Quote: The 308 would be more than enough

I`m still using the Shepherd equivalent, the Polaris, purchased in about 96 Smile

It covers all my needs.

Quote: The L-758D will calibrate with my camera

As will any meter.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 13 Nov 2012 - 5:16 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.