Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Self created on-line wedding albums - any ideas?

SosFM 5 81 1 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 8:29PM
Hi,

My brother is getting married in March and does not want any posed or "official" wedding photographs. What he would like is for people to upload their digital photos they take at the wedding to a web-site. He and his wife can then choose their favourites and create an album/photo book directly from that web-site. Does any one have any ideas or recommendations as to who provides such a service?

Thanks,

Soren.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
8 Jan 2012 8:53PM
blurb and photobox
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 8:40AM
It depends on what quality of album they want. I use photobox a lot and think they are very good for the money, in fact I had two albums delivered last Saturday. However I dont think that the Photobox Albums are up to professional wedding album standards. So if they just want a collection of images in one place then I do recommend Photobox.

Have not used Blurb so have no comment.
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
9 Jan 2012 10:35AM
The Gadget Show did a comparison on these just before Xmas and rated the books fron Albelli as the best, over the likes of Jessops, Photobox and Snapfish.

Maybe worth looking at...
Dvaid 5 245 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 12:17PM
I had to return a Jessops one as of too poor quality. Low quality paper, ink jet printing and banding evident in the shadows.

Overjoyed with Albelli, really good, no contest.

David
66tricky 8 742 Scotland
10 Jan 2012 11:05AM
Albelli.

I used them for the hardback ones of our wedding. I had a 2 for 1 voucher and was able to get 28*21cm books with circa 50 pages for 25 each enabling us to supply a full album to close family and best man etc. I used Jessops for square, softcover books for some other guests. Nowhere near the quality IMHO.
SosFM 5 81 1 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2012 9:56PM
Thankyou to those who responded to my post. My apologies for not replying sooner but i am currently in the second year of a Cert Ed and drowning in assignments so please forgive me. I have passed on your comments to my brother.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
18 Jan 2012 10:38PM
Albelli's book creation tool "looks" pretty cool - may have a go tomorrow

Those big books ain't cheap though...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.