Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Self created on-line wedding albums - any ideas?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SosFM
    SosFM  581 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2012 - 8:29 PM

Hi,

My brother is getting married in March and does not want any posed or "official" wedding photographs. What he would like is for people to upload their digital photos they take at the wedding to a web-site. He and his wife can then choose their favourites and create an album/photo book directly from that web-site. Does any one have any ideas or recommendations as to who provides such a service?

Thanks,

Soren.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Jan 2012 - 8:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2012 - 8:53 PM

blurb and photobox

collywobles
    9 Jan 2012 - 8:40 AM

It depends on what quality of album they want. I use photobox a lot and think they are very good for the money, in fact I had two albums delivered last Saturday. However I dont think that the Photobox Albums are up to professional wedding album standards. So if they just want a collection of images in one place then I do recommend Photobox.

Have not used Blurb so have no comment.

scottishphototours

The Gadget Show did a comparison on these just before Xmas and rated the books fron Albelli as the best, over the likes of Jessops, Photobox and Snapfish.

Maybe worth looking at...

Dvaid
    Dvaid  5171 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Jan 2012 - 12:17 PM

I had to return a Jessops one as of too poor quality. Low quality paper, ink jet printing and banding evident in the shadows.

Overjoyed with Albelli, really good, no contest.

David

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    10 Jan 2012 - 11:05 AM

Albelli.

I used them for the hardback ones of our wedding. I had a 2 for 1 voucher and was able to get 28*21cm books with circa 50 pages for 25 each enabling us to supply a full album to close family and best man etc. I used Jessops for square, softcover books for some other guests. Nowhere near the quality IMHO.

SosFM
    SosFM  581 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2012 - 9:56 PM

Thankyou to those who responded to my post. My apologies for not replying sooner but i am currently in the second year of a Cert Ed and drowning in assignments so please forgive me. I have passed on your comments to my brother.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2012 - 10:38 PM

Albelli's book creation tool "looks" pretty cool - may have a go tomorrow

Those big books ain't cheap though...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.