Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sell you photos on ePHOTOzine

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 12:38 PM

We've been developing and testing a feature for those who want to sell photos via the ePHOTOzine gallery. It's now fully functional.
You need a new foliopic plus or foliopic pro web account. Simple sign up for that, import all the pictures from your ePHOTOzine portfolio into albums on your foliopic account, then set up some price structures for your photos in your personal shop and assign them to your photos.

The "for sale" link will then appear on all the photos on ePHOTOzine that you've assigned pricing to in your foliopic web space.

The foliopic site is a standalone site that will gain you extra exposure too so it's the best of both worlds. Mine's is here. Peter Bargh Photography There's a 14 day free trial option, so you can have a play. 14 day trial

The "for sale" link can be viewed on my latest upload here. example photo

Last Modified By Pete at 11 Nov 2009 - 12:39 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Nov 2009 - 12:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RipleyExile
11 Nov 2009 - 12:49 PM

Quote: The "for sale" link can be viewed on my latest upload here. example photo

If you are trying to sell pics through the gallery wouldn't it be more advantageous to have a for sale link on the image that stands out more from the rest of the text? Just a thought.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
11 Nov 2009 - 1:04 PM

Quote: If you are trying to sell pics through the gallery wouldn't it be more advantageous to have a for sale link on the image that stands out more from the rest of the text? Just a thought.

Valid point, we have bigged it up a bit.

bangalicious
11 Nov 2009 - 1:07 PM

Is it only possible with foliopic?

I am sure i am not the only one who uses other hosts such as Photium and Clickpic and would be great if we could link to them?

Anil.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 1:09 PM

Anil It's one of the usps of foliopic

Metalhead
Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 1:26 PM

Pardon my complete naivety on the topic of selling prints via the website, but once someone clicks the "Buy image" link and selects the size/quantity they require, who prints the image?

Does the Foliopic website just handle the actual transaction and you arrange the print and send it to the paying customer yourself?

Or does Foliopic have its own printing service?

I guess I could be asking the same question of all these websites that host photographer's portfolios too. It's something I'd be interested in setting up one day, but not until I feel my own work is up to par.

Last Modified By Metalhead at 11 Nov 2009 - 1:27 PM
mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 1:46 PM

Quote: Pardon my complete naivety on the topic of selling prints via the website, but once someone clicks the "Buy image" link and selects the size/quantity they require, who prints the image?

The Foliopic website integrates with Paypal to handle the 'shopping cart' and online transaction. However, once you have received the order (and payment), it is up to you to print the image, using any method you choose, and send to the customer.

It is the same for people selling prints from a Photium or clickpic website, only Foliopic also has the advantage of the EPZ integration.

Last Modified By mattw at 11 Nov 2009 - 2:08 PM
Metalhead
Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 1:55 PM

Thanks Matt, much appreciated.

franken
franken e2 Member 113060 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 2:37 PM

Bookmarking

User_Removed
11 Nov 2009 - 2:45 PM

Whilst I appreciate that this is just an addition to the functionality of Foliopic and therefore you are not expecting people to have ALL of their saleable photos in their own ePz portfolio but bearing this in mind, hasn't the time come for the ability to upload more than one a day?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 11 Nov 2009 - 2:45 PM
Pete
11 Nov 2009 - 2:57 PM

Quote: Whilst I appreciate that this is just an addition to the functionality of Foliopic and therefore you are not expecting people to have ALL of their saleable photos in their own ePz portfolio but bearing this in mind, hasn't the time come for the ability to upload more than one a day?

Not currently on ePHOTOzine. I say currently because there are plans to have other upload options, but the images won't go into the main gallery rather straight into the member's portfolio. The one a day limit will remain to keep the gallery safe from flooding, so each picture has chance of being seen.

richardwheel
11 Nov 2009 - 2:58 PM

Is there anyway to extract the data from a clikpic site and import it to foliopic instead of rebuilding it from scratch?

It looks a very good option and I would be interested in using foliopic but I haven't the time to rebuild and keyword a site with 170 + photos on.

Pete
11 Nov 2009 - 3:05 PM

Quote: Is there anyway to extract the data from a clikpic site and import it to foliopic instead of rebuilding it from scratch?

No you'd have to rebuild, but at least all the words you crafted are already now written so that's an easier copy and paste job.

Last Modified By Pete at 11 Nov 2009 - 3:05 PM
irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 3:13 PM

Any plans to use this with Photium?

Pete
11 Nov 2009 - 3:15 PM

Quote: Any plans to use this with Photium?

We did initially want to, but Will couldn't see a way for it to integrate so we had to go alone.
We also talked with Clikpic back in 2004 before Photium (yes the idea's been in the pipeline for 5 years!) but they didn't have the process.

Last Modified By Pete at 11 Nov 2009 - 3:17 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.