Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Selling advice

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

thewilliam
29 Jan 2013 - 5:41 PM

With any auction, it's essential to decide an absolute maximum price well in advance of the hammer fall and resist any temptation to go "just a little bit higher". It is annoying when the hammer price is one step higher than my max bid.

It's well worth checking the feedback profile for people that you're thinking of buying from. Anything less than 100% needs to be investigated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jan 2013 - 5:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
3 Feb 2013 - 12:19 PM

Quote: Well, I've put both my Canon 28-105 and Panny GF2 kit on ebay, 0.99 starting price, no reserve. It'll be interesting to see what happens, and I hope I do as well as some of you think I might.

My auction ends Sunday around mid-day. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again to all who have given me their thoughts thus far.

Bob

Wow, Bob.

The bidding on your http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-GF2W-12-1-MP-Digital-Camera-Black-... is really on fire now. Looks like you are going to get a superb price.

Your lens is also doing well. The new price seems to be discounted to about 138, so you might reasonably expect to get about 115 for a mint secondhand one. Fingers crossed.

Well done.

(an object lesson there for any others who were cautious about starting eBay auctions at 99p)

Last Modified By User_Removed at 3 Feb 2013 - 12:24 PM
User_Removed
3 Feb 2013 - 2:45 PM

... well, I wasn't far out with my lens valuation. Let's see if you can get another couple of bids on the camera in the last few minutes....

KingBee
KingBee e2 Member 8329 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 8:35 PM

Thanks again, especially to LeftForum for his faith! Yup, I did reasonably well on both sales, so am very happy. I did have a problem with the winning bidder on the Panny (so much so that I was obliged to nuke her and sell to the second-highest bidder), but it's a long story!

Regards to all.

Bob

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.