Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Selling images as digital goods

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ewanneil
    Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Aug 2012 - 9:18 PM

I was wondering whether anyone has any experience of Payloadz or E-junkie as a way of collecting payment for the on-line sale of images that allows a direct customer download.

I don't want to go down the route of manually sending image files or physical copies after a sale has been made for two reasons:-

1. I am away from home a lot and am regularly without web access so can't be "minding the shop", and in any case,
    2. I am not anticipating a great deluge of sales and so would prefer to set up a system whereby the customer just pays and downloads and doesn't need me to do anything.

If anyone has any experience of using either, or any other similar service I'd love to hear your views.

Thanks

Ewan

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Aug 2012 - 9:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours

You need the Imagefile - here - we've used them for the last few years and they are absolutely brilliant. They provide everything you'd want, inclusing the ability to skin so it looks like your own site.

Ewanneil
    3 Aug 2012 - 9:58 PM

Thanks for the link. There's a lot to read so I'll spend some time pouring over what they offer but on first glance it looks good.

Thanks.

User_Removed
    3 Aug 2012 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the link Andy.

BarrieNeilPhotography

I use SmugMug - again, brilliant service and you can use Loxleys for print fulfilment and they don't come much better than them! LINK

Ewanneil
    4 Aug 2012 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for that link. SmugMug and Imagefile appear to offer a different solution to the one I envisaged and one that I will consider. However, the idea I had was to sell from my own web site.

Payloadz and E-Junkie provide html code that you can paste into your own site and manage your sales from there. Before I rule them both out I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any experience of this approach.

Thanks for the advice so far.

Ewan

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.