Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Selling Photographs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
olbell
olbell  647 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2008 - 2:58 PM

Hi,
i have just started up a website and given the option to purchase my prints. Should people buy my prints, is it acceptable to have them printed by someone like photobox and then send them off to the buyer, or should i be doing it another way?

Your advice is appreciated!

Rgds Ollie

Last Modified By olbell at 3 Feb 2008 - 2:58 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Feb 2008 - 2:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

aftertherain
3 Feb 2008 - 3:06 PM

Photobox is fine.

Graysta
Graysta  91118 forum posts England
3 Feb 2008 - 3:08 PM

Make sure you make a profit.Having them printed by a 3rd party is ok but make sure that you check the quality before reposting them,Ive always found Photobox reliable.

Graham

olbell
3 Feb 2008 - 3:23 PM

Ok great, thanks guys.

dickiedriver
3 Feb 2008 - 3:54 PM

Totally agree I have just done a wedding for family members and although I can print up to A4 some of them exressed an interest in some larger prints so got on the web found photobox and due to reasonable prices and good quality prints in the past will be using them for the bigger picture so to speak and am able to make a small profit for my self

Richard

olbell
5 Feb 2008 - 12:16 PM

Right guys more questions about printing, sorry!!!

I have seen people offering 'giclee printing' and printing on 'fine art paper' what does entail. I have also seen photo printing on what looks like water colour paper and i really liked it. Are there online retailers who provide these services?

Cheer, Ollie

aftertherain
5 Feb 2008 - 12:20 PM

Ollie,
Different printing services will be listed in the back of camera magazines, or do a Google search using those terms.
Depending upon where you live you can probably find a printer locally who will offer these services.
Merl

angej
angej  9477 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Feb 2008 - 1:09 PM

Hi Ollie,
My advice would be for you to invest in an A3+ printer and do it yourself. There are some really great ones around. The one I use is the Epson Stylus Pro 2400 and I have found the whole printing thing very easy. This way you can save yourself the hassle of relying on suppliers, keep the costs down, your profit margin up and also have the luxury of experimenting with the fine art papers etc which are available from www.warehouseexpress.com.

Hope this helps,
Ange

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
5 Feb 2008 - 1:22 PM

Quote: Hi Ollie,
My advice would be for you to invest in an A3+ printer and do it yourself.
Ange

My advice would be the opposite, send it away to a good printer. I don't believe that pricewise there is much in it. By the time you factor in the price of the printer, inks, profiles, paper etc, you can get a lot of prints for that sort of money. People have mentioned Photobox, every so often they have half price offers, reduced prices, there is no way you could print at those prices. It couldn't be easier, upload today, your prints are back the next day. Personally, I would also feel happier buying a print that was professionally printed.

angej
angej  9477 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Feb 2008 - 1:37 PM

Quote: My advice would be the opposite, send it away to a good printer. I don't believe that pricewise there is much in it. By the time you factor in the price of the printer, inks, profiles, paper etc, you can get a lot of prints for that sort of money. People have mentioned Photobox, every so often they have half price offers, reduced prices, there is no way you could print at those prices. It couldn't be easier, upload today, your prints are back the next day. Personally, I would also feel happier buying a print that was professionally printed.

We will have to agree to disagree on this oneSmile

olbell
5 Feb 2008 - 2:35 PM

Thanks guy, i know about photobox but i dont think they offer printing on fine art paper etc. Correct me if im wrong!

GlennH
GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2008 - 2:43 PM

Photobox tend to produce dark prints, which is an obvious disadvantage if you're selling prints on. If you choose a lab that can provide you with a profile (ie Loxley), you can softproof first in Photoshop.

aftertherain
5 Feb 2008 - 3:11 PM

Quote: Photobox tend to produce dark prints

They do but you adjust your photographs accordingly.
If it's ultra important I get the prints done at 5x7"
to check first - takes an extra day that's all.

mjsayles
mjsayles  81019 forum posts
5 Feb 2008 - 6:16 PM

Giclee - just a fancy word for 'inkjet printing' Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2008 - 6:39 PM

Indeed - and if you are offering it make sure you get the accent on the right letter, i.e. giclée

Sounds so much posher than inkjet doesn't it! Wink More here.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 5 Feb 2008 - 6:39 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.