Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Selling to a company

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pringle
    pringle  6 United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 9:35 PM

Hi Everyone

I have made contact with a pharmceutical company after the doctor I work for suggested a particular pic would be good on a tablet/medicine packet. I havent sent the photo yet but was wondering if you could give me any advice on pricing if they are interested. What kind of contact is best? I know it may not come to anything but would love to get some advice just in case?

Thanks Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2013 - 9:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022909 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 9:57 PM

First thing is.....did you look at current pharmaceutical packaging design?......very few photos used and yours has to fit in with their current or future branding.

Secondly, when you approach them and not visa-versa, the price drops.

However, lets say that they say, it's great can we have it and let's say they ask you for a quote. Do you have any sales figures to base your licensing on or where to even start.

This why agents are worth their weight in gold when it comes to commercial work. Whatever happens I guarantee you that they will get it cheap if they get it.

scottishphototours

Yep, Keith's spot on. If you get 20 you'll be doing well...

pringle
    pringle  6 United Kingdom
    11 Feb 2013 - 7:34 AM

Thank muchly.....thats very helpful. Maybe I should just put it in a photo library. Which one is best?

GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 9:25 AM

Quote: Maybe I should just put it in a photo library. Which one is best?

Unless the image is totally unique, it'd likely get totally buried in the type of library that accepts small initial submissions. Some of the more effective smaller libraries are correspondingly tougher to get into - typically you have to point them towards a collection of available high quality photos.

If you want to give an individual photo plenty of attention you might be better off marketing it yourself, but generally the best approach is to study your intended market first rather than try to shoehorn a photo into an imagined use for it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.