Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sensor Brush Artic Butterfly

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
MikeA
MikeA  91168 forum posts England
8 Apr 2006 - 5:27 AM

Has anyone got / used one of these and is it any good?

MikeA

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Apr 2006 - 5:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Doclassie
Doclassie  91135 forum posts England
13 Dec 2006 - 8:31 AM

I've just ordered one so will let you know

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022910 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2006 - 8:34 AM

Been using one for a while now.

Marvellous bit of kit.

Doclassie
13 Dec 2006 - 8:38 AM

Ha! I've just been searching old threads about them and in one of them you're adamant you will only use Eclipse and won't trust the brush! ;O)

I'm glad to see you're a convert. I was slightly worred after reading your reply. Now I feel reassured again.

I'm looking forward to using it. I find eclipse to be good, but stressfull and prone to leaving fibres behind...... I'm off on a 3 week holiday so want a clean sensor, but not the stress of seeing a feckin pec pad fibre in my favourite shots (which is what usually happens a few days after a wet clean.)

JohnHorne
JohnHorne  91023 forum posts
13 Dec 2006 - 8:40 AM

There's a positive review of these here.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022910 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2006 - 8:43 AM

I think you'll find that thread was very, very Pre-Butterfly and when the brushes were new..and untried on the market. In fact a different product altogether.
Wink

There was also a time when the pads never ever left fibres behind and were, as they stated, lint free but I agree that this has changed in the last 12 months.

I would say who recommended the butterfly to me but I don't want to start another thread about Cockney Wildlife photographers.
Wink

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Doclassie
13 Dec 2006 - 8:43 AM

Aah.... thats not what I've ordered..... I've ordered the one that needs canned air to charge it...

Presumably just as good, right? just not as convenient?

keithh
13 Dec 2006 - 8:46 AM

Re-order.....honest.

JohnHorne
13 Dec 2006 - 8:47 AM

Keith - do you primarily use the butterfly, or do you use it in conjunction with something else ?

keithh
13 Dec 2006 - 8:50 AM

I'm trialling some other products right now but since buying the butterfly I've used nothing else and spent less time cleaning with much longer gaps inbetween.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2006 - 8:50 AM

Been using one for about 6 months, but only needed to actually use it a couple of times.

Great to keep in the kit bag when travelling for a weekend rather than the whole swab and fluid set. Did also previously try the brush where you needed the canned air, but again not so good for travelling.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Doclassie
13 Dec 2006 - 8:54 AM

Thanks keith

I've re-ordered and got the artic butterfly (there's two types available, I got the slightly more expensive, more powerful version.)

Cheers

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2006 - 8:55 AM

I haven't got the butterfly but find that the brushes charge/clean okay with a few blasts from a Giotto Rocket. I think I may have been the first to suggest that using the Sensor Brush seemed to result in longer dust free periods, I put it down to a lessening of the static charge which attracts the dust in the first place.

I have never used anything wet or sticky inside my cameras and don't intend to if I can possibly help it.

Ian

Doclassie
13 Dec 2006 - 8:58 AM

Cool

I've tried quite a few methods, including the green clean mini hoover thing and the sticky intemos sticks..... I found them to cause more problems than they solved. Very frustrating. The guys at work use eclipse and pec pads to clean the SLRs they use for animation so have always used the same based on their reccomendations. Although they do eventually get the sensor clean, its way too stressful as th sensor often gets muckier before it gets cleaner....

Anyways, I'm glad the butterfly has got so much positive feedback. I'm glad I bought it now :O)

JohnHorne
13 Dec 2006 - 9:00 AM

Keith (and others) - thanks for the comments.

Andrew - you've gone for the model 724 at 69.99 from the ePz shop ?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.