Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sentenced:

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95936 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 8:27 PM

having a laugh

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Dec 2012 - 8:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 6367 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 8:31 PM

hear anybody laughing? except .. what's his name again

User_Removed
20 Dec 2012 - 8:39 PM

'Dickhead' springs to mind...

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95936 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 8:47 PM

Quote: 'Dickhead' springs to mind...

Who Mike?

The criminal or the judisory?

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 8:54 PM

Quote: The criminal or the judisory?

The 'Judisory', definitely.

you have to wonder if the Judge has any idea what an ATM is.

tomcat
20 Dec 2012 - 8:58 PM

Quote: you have to wonder if the Judge has any idea what an ATM is.

Automatic tea machineSmile

tomcat
20 Dec 2012 - 9:00 PM

I wonder if we, the natives of this land, should resort to criminal activities and when sentenced (to prison), appeal on the grounds of previous casesWink

Go and try the same in their countries and see what leniency you would receive

Last Modified By tomcat at 20 Dec 2012 - 9:02 PM
monstersnowman
20 Dec 2012 - 9:24 PM

As a police officer I quickly learned not to check court results as they came through on the printer as it was insulting, demoralising and quite honestly made you wonder why you bothered. It's been like this for many many years, if not always.

thewilliam
20 Dec 2012 - 9:41 PM

Soon there will be a lot more Bulgarians and Romanians coming to live here because they get preferential treatment for Social Security benefits. We''re one of a couple of countries in the EU that doesn't require them to contribute anything to this country before claiming./

They can't be deported either!

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 9:50 PM

If you check the figures you would find the people coming to the UK from Eastern Europe are far more likely to be paying tax etc than UK residents. And as employers will tell you their performance as employees is not too bad on mass either. Of course they will have their elements who are criminals, just as we create home grown criminals but the coming to the UK to take benefit story, well remember, if you earn less than 40kpa its likely you will take more out from the system than you pay in tax over your life.

If they have come to the UK to work they are motivated.

This has been discussed many times, are you certain it is that easy to walk in and claim in the UK.

Last Modified By strawman at 20 Dec 2012 - 9:51 PM
monstersnowman
21 Dec 2012 - 12:11 AM

You make a good point strawman but, if we are fair, that is one small slice of the story (an isolated statistic). You state yourself that earning under 40k pa generally means a negative life contribution, so I presume most immigrants will fall into this category and hence the possibility that the vast majority either pay no tax or have a negative overall contribution. It is burden enough to look after our own non contributors but i can understand people being concerned about also importing claimants and negative contributors ... rather than only allowing people in with savings or who make a genuine contribution. Paying tax does not in any way mean paying your way .... Many people pay tax but get far more tax credits straight back. My point demonstrates that simple stats mean nothing .. And the issue is complicated.

Another aspect of open borders is the influx of petty criminals and serious organised criminals attracted to our country and its free system and lack of preparation for their activities. Some Eastern European groups can certainly show our hard boys a lesson in violent organised crime, including terrible activities such as human trafficking etc ..

cathal
cathal  10492 forum posts Ireland4 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2012 - 12:29 AM

I love these debates...

Of course, UK nationals do not migrate from the UK to other parts of the EU (or world), and a UK national has never migrated to another country to carry out criminal acts.

Regardless of where he was from, that sentence was an absolute joke.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315630 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2012 - 2:10 AM

Quote: If you check the figures you would find the people coming to the UK from Eastern Europe are far more likely to be paying tax etc than UK residents

I don`t see it that way John, there`s some 700, 000 immigrants working in the UK, that`s a lot of jobs that could have reduced are dole queue, and these are just those working legally.

monstersnowman
21 Dec 2012 - 4:01 AM

Quote: I love these debates...

Of course, UK nationals do not migrate from the UK to other parts of the EU (or world), and a UK national has never migrated to another country to carry out criminal acts.

Regardless of where he was from, that sentence was an absolute joke.

Yes the sentence was a joke and hopefully any uk residents moving abroad to carry out illegal activities will be dealt with robustly by the judicial system of the country whose hospitality they abuse - you choose the country so you take a chance knowing their judicial system (as long as international law is observed).

losbarbados
21 Dec 2012 - 7:21 AM

Quote: You make a good point strawman but, if we are fair, that is one small slice of the story (an isolated statistic). You state yourself that earning under 40k pa generally means a negative life contribution, so I presume most immigrants will fall into this category and hence the possibility that the vast majority either pay no tax or have a negative overall contribution.

The large part of your sub 40k drawing on the system rather than contributing is in the first 18 years of life. Education and child health care don't come cheap, so it is unlikely that a large number of first generation immigrants would fall into that catagory

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.