Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Server problem - Evening of 2nd October

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bricurtis
    bricurtis e2 Member 91909 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2006 - 8:47 PM

Earlier toninght ePz crashed out on me.
    Got a can't find server come up.
    Came back later all is up and running.
    However my browser has no names of photographers or names of pics in it.
    I have strings of showlargepic and user in their place. Where has all the info gone.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Oct 2006 - 8:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Westers
    Westers  93905 forum posts Burkina Faso1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2006 - 9:04 PM

Hmm, it's ok on mine, and ePZ crashed on me too. Have you tried closing the browser down and restarting?

Failing that, have you tried deleting cache, cookies, and history?

User_Removed
    2 Oct 2006 - 9:25 PM

Yep - 'she' hung on me too. Have you shutdown the browser and rebooted the PC? That should clear everything naturally...

EDIT: All fine my end now (now I've got my newly installed firewall configured right!!)

stevekhart
    2 Oct 2006 - 9:27 PM

she seems a bit temperamental on me tonight... maybe we ought to treat her gentle...

Will
    Will  131788 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Oct 2006 - 9:36 PM

I'll talk to Tom about this tomorrow, I think he might have been doing something on the server.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    User_Removed
    2 Oct 2006 - 9:37 PM

It just 'wobbled' again Will...

nikon
    nikon e2 Member 11117 forum postsnikon vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2006 - 11:51 PM

Also having trouble finding the server, had to come in from a link on another site.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110369 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2006 - 5:27 AM

both EPZ and FPME were blocked to me last night (on the same server?). Ok now though.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123177 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2006 - 8:18 AM

I had the same problem.

Ken

ruralscotland
    3 Oct 2006 - 8:26 AM

Same had to me, EPZ not available yesterday and the day before on PC and Laptop.

Allan

bricurtis
    bricurtis e2 Member 91909 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2006 - 8:38 AM

Sorry could not get back last night Westers the lot crashed again before I could reply. I got pissed off and went and watched the Celebrity Darts (oucccchhhh)painful stuff.
    I don't know who chose the new server but this sight has more crashes and slow moving spells than I ever known before.
    Browser working OK today.

If Tom was doing something with the server, I hope it hurt !!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL.

Will
    Will  131788 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Oct 2006 - 8:49 AM

The new servers are far faster than the old ones and most of the recent reliability problems have been caused by either software issues or human error not the servers.

I'm working on the software situation at the moment and have just upgraded two key software packages which should help stability problems and also improve performance a little too.

Blenkinsopp
    4 Oct 2006 - 6:45 AM

I experienced the above crash and also had difficulty getting onto the site last night. When I eventually got onto the site the number of comments on my latest upload matched the number of email notifications I had received. I cleared my inbox and shut down for the night. This morning my inbox contained 11 notifications of new comments but when I came onto the site my image had gained only 6 comments/votes. Is the difference due to comments made during the problems being lost and not registering ?

MediumSizeUnavailable

I keep on having problems with the site all morning (morning in bangkok that is). Off and on, there then gone.
    Find it quite annoying to be honest. It's rather distracting me from not working ;o)

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2006 - 7:13 AM

Quote: I think he might have been doing something on the server

The last time I heard about somebody 'doing something' on the server, it was a large mainframe and both him and the woman concerned got the sack... Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.