Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Settings on 10D

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

AdrianTurner
11 Dec 2005 - 1:13 PM

Quote: So you may find you actually get better results using sRGB. I have seen comparisons and Adobe 1998 can look a little flat.

I did read it carefully and I did say Intermating

But as I said, the point to this topic is that Gary is post processing in an Adobe RGB colour space, it makes sence to capture in the same colour space and streamline his workflow.

page 178 of manual - Specification > Recording System > Colour Space = sRGB, Adobe RGB.

where did you get the idea it was converted in-camera?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Dec 2005 - 1:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

barnowl
barnowl  9697 forum posts
11 Dec 2005 - 1:29 PM

Surprisingly I did not think to look in the manual. Have looked everywhere else though. Appreciate the help, have tried a couple of prints with different settings and they look pretty good.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2005 - 1:44 PM

Quote: where did you get the idea it was converted in-camera?

To the best of my knowledge all DSLRs capture in sRGB at the sensor level, regardless of whether you set it on sRGB or Adobe RGB. It is what I have read on the web and in books. If this is wrong, then no doubt someone will be along in a minute to give 'chapter and verse'. Wink

AdrianTurner
11 Dec 2005 - 2:01 PM

CB

In the case of the 10D you lose the options to adjust the colour space parameters, which are available in sRGB mode, when you select to capture in Adobe RGB. If the camera was mearly converting from sRGB, these options would still be available.

another manual extract
When images captured with Adobe RGB are displayed on an sRGB monitor or printed with an sRGB printer, the resulting image will look to have a low chroma.

Again note the word captured
this point also explains the

Quote: Adobe 1998 can look a little flat

point you made earlier.

But this should not concern Gary if his working environment is, as stated, Adobe RGB

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.