Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Setup A New Wordpress Site

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 1:23 PM

Firefox v4 on 2 different uncalibrated and not particularly good monitors for me

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2012 - 1:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carrera_c
Carrera_c  4253 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 1:49 PM

If those that are seeing the blue or anything else that looks amiss please do the following:

What Operating System are you using, what browser (including version), and if possible throw up a screenshot so I can see it.

I've tested this on OSX with Safari and Firefox, iPhone Safari, Windows 7 with IE8, Chrome 16, and FireFox 7 and it looks the same in all of them.

Kiethh - would really like to get this info from you, especially seeing as you seem to be getting a second issue with an empty dropdown on the slideshow. On mouse-over of the slideshow you should get a dialogue appear on the right that gives more details.

PS: Anyone who says that they're using IE6 will get a slap and be told to upgrade.

Thanks for the input so far everyone!

Last Modified By Carrera_c at 6 Jan 2012 - 1:52 PM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 2:15 PM

IE7 and Firefox 8 for me, I have two identical monitors which seem to display things slightly differently, the monitor that displays things lighter than the other I can still see that its white on grey and its still clearly visible and pleasant (for me) to view.

keith selmes
6 Jan 2012 - 9:37 PM

Firefox 5, win 7, shades of grey and white, quite smart, bit slow loading.
On two monitors on the one PC. One is calibrated the other not.
No blue shades at all, text is quite clear.

66tricky
66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
9 Jan 2012 - 7:46 AM

Quote:
Anyone who's a bit more technical, I've ran it through Y-Slow and it's currently getting a C-Grade, failing on a couple of points but I can't figure out how to fix them in wordpress, so if anyone feels like helping that'd be great.

Good looking site.

>Grade F on Compress components with gzip

Go to cPanel for your hosting account. Scroll down to Software/Services (assuming same setup as my own) and click on Optimize Website. Three options will be shown with radio button selection.

* Disabled (default)
* Compress all content
* Compress the specified MIME types

Select "Compress all content" and click Update Settings. Apache will now compress all http requested pages and the recieving end will decompress them, reducing web traffic volume and getting you an A grade for that section.

There are plugins that cache pages server side that may help with other ratings but some hosts do not allow them due to perceived server hogging.

66tricky
66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
9 Jan 2012 - 6:38 PM

To put an overall "C" grade into context. BBC website gets a "D" and EPZ gets a "C". I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you turn on the compression as noted above.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.