Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shall I stay or shall I go

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: question answered
keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2006 - 9:41 PM

No you didn't.....and no I won't Pete...not even for that much money

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Oct 2006 - 9:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2006 - 9:43 PM

I suppose there is a snag about using contact forms on a website. People can enter their own email address as anything they like - just make one up.

I have been considering putting a contact form on a friend's site which I maintain. But there is a downside to it. Hmmm..

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2006 - 9:52 PM

Just got into work for a night shift and thought I'd catch up on todays events..............and I find this!

Paul please dont go anywhere, I am still a relatively new member to EPZ and have admired your work since joining.

There are a number of members on here whos veiws and guidance I regard very highly, you are one of those people and I do think that the site would miss your knowledge and experience.

Carl

ps Gonna read the rest of this thread now, having just had to jump in with that

pps Everyone will have a view on everything, at the end of the day each person will also have a view on what they see and read, those that are interesting or important will be remembered, those that are pointless will be yesterdays news.

twordley
twordley  8360 forum posts England
27 Oct 2006 - 9:59 PM

Paul, only u can make that decision, the only thing i can say, is u know who your talking about, an if 'they' force u out then 'they' have won......... FU*K 'EM.

stay, all the time u do, your pi**ing them off more.

u never know, 'they' might sod off first

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2006 - 10:07 PM

thanks Carl and Trev plus all the other who have replied.

andy I did report the email abuse to Will at photium, he tried to match it to a data base etc but didnt find a match , thats why I aired it in the thread that got locked,

BOB S
BOB S  112622 forum posts
27 Oct 2006 - 10:07 PM

Paul,

I have been on the site now for 4.5 years and what I do when I feel like you do at the moment is just have a look around the site without logging in, sort of get the feel for the mood and who is being an arse and who is saying good things etc. Sometimes I log in sometimes I go away and come back later, just as the mood takes me.

Whatever dont let the b******s grind you down, and certainly rise to no bait !!

BOB

ZenTog
27 Oct 2006 - 10:11 PM

thats ok bob S I have done that at times, but hte abusive email came to my site without me being involved in any aggro, I was just trying to up my income for the family by running a website through winter.
if anybody is good at tracking mails I would like some help, even if just to tell them we know who you are!!!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013936 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2006 - 10:13 PM

Paul - off course you should stay.

If the forum is getting you down then take a break from it. if you are still looking for something to do, then what you want to do is type up a few nice location reports for submission to the sites photo locations section. Its great therapy...but then I'm biased Wink

P.s. If people have a dig about spelling then just remeber that it is a poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2006 - 10:14 PM

Paul: if the message came through your contact form I don't think you can trace the email address of the sender.

Whether you can trace the IP, I wouldn't know.

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2006 - 10:16 PM

Agree with Bob, grow a ducks ass, it helps.

I for one like your photos and appreciate the difficulty in sports photos. Some peeps dont and pass them by to often it saddens me... Would be sad to see you go due to bullying, which is something I cant abide. AND if its cuased of your spelling at times Im amazed, being Dyslexic Im usless at it and gramma Smile

I know I have not been on ephoto long but I have been on other forums for years and many of them need bomb shelters at times. This place is tame in every one way compared to them. Just dont rise to it. Ignor them, I used to look at it as if there anoying me then there leaving someone else alone..

Keep on clicking is my motto.

Tommy

wotashot
wotashot  102249 forum posts
27 Oct 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hey Paul, Don't let people get you down!

ZenTog
27 Oct 2006 - 10:22 PM

spelling aside, most of my problems come from trying to type faster than my large fingers can hit the right keys, what I dont like is abuse for abuses sake,

If I put my self up in an argument then thats fine, but just for running a new website then I dont think thats a fair target.

I will be staying but taking more of a back seat for a while, my post pictures again but in a while

twordley
twordley  8360 forum posts England
27 Oct 2006 - 10:31 PM

'Life is a bed of roses..............

just watch out for the pricks :O)

Jay44
Jay44  81443 forum posts Wales
27 Oct 2006 - 10:31 PM

I debated leaving last week, and instead decided to delete my portfolio instead, and was called a drama queen.

:/

Your work is absolutely stunning, and I for one would miss it!

ZenTog
27 Oct 2006 - 10:34 PM

Twordley good job you dindt say that to Jay44, I have always been called a drama queen

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: question answered