Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Share your knowledge - B&W processing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 5:18 PM

I'm trying to get a little more activity in the Black and white group.

The idea of this is for people to show how they process B&W images. I have uploaded 3 colour images, a city scape, a landscape and an abstract image.

1) Download the images
2) Process one or all of the images into a B&W.
3) Upload your image to this forum thread and share your knowledge on how you processed them ie what software you used, what you did, what work and why, what did not work and why.

This is just one of the ideas i had to try and make the group a bit more active.

Last Modified By Sandgrouse at 25 Feb 2011 - 5:20 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Feb 2011 - 5:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gypsyman
Gypsyman e2 Member 3659 forum postsGypsyman vcard England
25 Feb 2011 - 6:55 PM

Rick, I have tried 3 times on each of the photos, I cannot d/load them, they have a file name
photo protector. gif.

Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 7:03 PM

Quote: Rick, I have tried 3 times on each of the photos, I cannot d/load them, they have a file name
photo protector. gif.

I thought you could jsut right click and save, but not any more...dashing out to work now, I will sort out hopefully tonight. sorry my fault...

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314810 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 7:08 PM

Why not upload the images here, full size as raw or jpeg.

http://www.ephotozine.com/downloads

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 7:09 PM

I can right click and edit in pixlr ...think, though you need to allow modifications for the downloads to work Smile

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 7:45 PM

Great idea Rick! I had no trouble downloading them by clicking on each version button; right click and save as... they saved by default to my Downloads folder where I was able to open them with CS4. However I couldn't preview them in Windows viewer. Paul's suggestion might be better.

Time was when we had a RAW challenge in that section!!WinkWinkSmileSmile (a subtle hint that another is long overdue!!)Tongue

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314810 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 7:49 PM

Quote: Time was when we had a RAW challenge in that section!!WinkWinkSmileSmile (a subtle hint that another is long overdue!!)Tongue

The tools are already in place anyone could set one up.

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 8:07 PM

Good idea..will give it a go once the download thingy is fixed Smile

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 8:08 PM

Quote: Time was when we had a RAW challenge in that section!!

for the ignorant amongst us..what does that entail...wouldn't there be a problem in uploading large raw files?

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 9:43 PM

for the ignorant amongst us..what does that entail...wouldn't there be a problem in uploading large raw files?

see here

cats_123
25 Feb 2011 - 9:49 PM

see here

thanks...have a better understanding but not sure there's enough interest in this group yet

Gypsyman
25 Feb 2011 - 10:02 PM

It would be of more interest to me, if I knew what RAW is, and how one can get it.
No funny answers, I know you can get Raw sat on frosty ground waiting for something
to come along to have its Photo taken.

Scutter
25 Feb 2011 - 10:14 PM

I seem to have inadvertently diverted this thread in to a discussion on raw processing, that wasn't my intention!TongueTongue We should be concentrating on the task Sandgrouse has set us!!SmileSmileWink

Gypsyman
25 Feb 2011 - 10:32 PM

Scutter, would do but I still cannot D/load the Photographs. Eric. Sad

Gypsyman
26 Feb 2011 - 9:31 AM

Still no success with D/loads. Eric.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.