Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sharing Photos on FB Bad Idea

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: for further attention by the team
paulcookphotography

Quote: There is a big difference between images shared (or offered)
I think the point here is that an image is being used from a 'creative commons' site, but that image bears an uncanny similarity to a copyrighted image (Disney's bugs bunny). It is, at the very least, a massive grey area as Bugs admitted, but all this is in a thread started by Bugs himself about him not wanting his images being used without his permission.

I got that and quite agree that the similarity is a contentious issue, however i just wanted to point out that some images on the web are there to be shared, used or manipulated (free of charge, at cost with or without credit given), and shouldnt be dragged into the 'stolen images' category

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Nov 2012 - 4:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  56692 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 4:57 PM

Agreed.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104047 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 5:21 PM

There are some very good sharing sites, I find for layers that shadowhouse creations are great for textures that I haven't taken myself for my stock of backgrounds. But you do need to check the provenance of these things and stay away from any sites that look dodgy or where you just know the images are going to be taken from copyrighted works. Disney being one example. Also it should be stated in the work that the original or layer is from stock.

User_Removed
8 Nov 2012 - 5:34 PM

Thieves are everywhere Bugs.

Can you believe that someone has stolen your original creation Zebra Trio and turned it [back?] into a photograph here. The cheek of some people eh?

08-11-2012-17-26-19.jpg

KevSB
KevSB  101410 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 5:57 PM

Quote: Thieves are everywhere Bugs.

Can you believe that someone has stolen your original creation Zebra Trio and turned it [back?] into a photograph here. The cheek of some people eh?

And correct me if im wrong the pictures on there are not for free but to purchase, If i was you bugs I would get onto that site and complain that they have stolen your image and using it for comercial gain

779HOB
779HOB  21034 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Nov 2012 - 6:06 PM

I bet that's on hundreds of desktops by now. I would definitely contact that site and send them an invoice.

User_Removed
8 Nov 2012 - 6:13 PM

Bugs! Look how many people have stolen "your" tiger picture -- > HERE

Even if they argue that you were the one who nicked the picture then ran it through a quick filter in Photoshop and made it look like a painting stick to your guns Grin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 6:16 PM

Rotfl! Grin

779HOB
779HOB  21034 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Nov 2012 - 6:49 PM

My god, for someone who is so careful about their online profile Bugs seems to be the victim of a lot of cyber crime.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104047 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 6:50 PM

Ooops

KevSB
8 Nov 2012 - 6:57 PM

Quote: What an embezzle! What an ultramaroon! - Bugs Bunny

Last Modified By KevSB at 8 Nov 2012 - 7:01 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 7:30 PM

I feel sure Bugs must be grateful to Chris for finding out that those very nice bits of digital art have been pinched and turned back into photos. Smile

It would be good to hear what Bugs is planning to do about the scoundrels!

KevSB
8 Nov 2012 - 7:33 PM

I suspect There are many checking this Thread atm waiting as you are, Im running out of popcorn here waiting for chriss to serve the Fait accompli which im sure he is saving!

paulcookphotography

Seriously, isnt it all getting a bit childish?

Yeah, there is the 'put the money where your mouth is' issue, but come on, its becoming a bit schoolyard

Just sayin' Tongue

Carabosse
8 Nov 2012 - 9:22 PM

We await to hear from Bugs. Smile

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: for further attention by the team