Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sharing Photos on FB Bad Idea

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: for further attention by the team
KevSB
KevSB  101408 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 9:31 PM

Quote: Seriously, isnt it all getting a bit childish?

Yeah, there is the 'put the money where your mouth is' issue, but come on, its becoming a bit schoolyard

Just sayin' Tongue

You may be right Paul but after starting the thread as someone concerned about image theft we now have a situation where something does not look right here and while semi amused by how this has unfolded.
we would like to hear from bugs what he has to say about the fact eather he is a thief himself or is the wronged party, surely after 6 pages we deserve an explanation.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Nov 2012 - 9:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
8 Nov 2012 - 11:05 PM

Bugs will say that he's never claimed to be the original photographer and he borrowed the images believing them to be free to use and was quite happy to accept compliments like "A stunning piece of artwork" because hard work was done to convert the photo to 'digital art'.

It's all very amusing and good fun Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139496 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 11:14 PM

Bugs doesn't seem to be saying anything at all at present! Wink

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6613 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2012 - 2:49 AM

I haven't read through this whole thread yet, just the link posted initially, but if this has not been posted yet, these are the Statements of Rights and Responsibilities on Facebook.

KevSB
9 Nov 2012 - 8:17 PM

As the op has chosen not to respond which is his right, should the site be worried that it may being used to showcase others work Althrough changed by using an effect . I suspect I'm not alone in wanting to see this issue cleared up.
The original work may well have been the ops work and I hope it is but if not should they be removed from the site. Once this is cleared up it may best if this thread is deleted as it does not show the site in good light by all our behaviour of which I admit to being part of

Last Modified By KevSB at 9 Nov 2012 - 8:20 PM
User_Removed
9 Nov 2012 - 9:51 PM

I think it's been debated here before that digital art can often be made up from other people's stuff and be original enough. I think we need to give Bugs every opportunity to reply before deleting his work or closing the thread.

KevSB
9 Nov 2012 - 10:03 PM

I'd not seen that discussion so did not realise that was the consensus which surprises me and must look it up. And I agree that he should have the right to reply.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104044 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2012 - 10:09 PM

Maybe if other works are used to create an image, the original (if permission has been granted for it's use) should possibly be credited in tags or description. But yes, certainly the right to reply then close/delete the thread.
But if permission has not been given for the original image to be used, these should also be removed.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139496 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2012 - 1:24 AM

Quote: I think we need to give Bugs every opportunity to reply before deleting his work or closing the thread.

I entirely agree - he deserves to have the right of reply.

So, over to Bugs. Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315479 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2012 - 1:32 AM

Did he ever claim the photographs were his own ?

Carabosse
10 Nov 2012 - 2:37 AM

He doesn't have to. The assumption must surely be that anything posted in your portfolio is entirely your own work, and that you are not breaching anyone else's copyright and passing the work off as your own.

Doubt has obviously been cast on some of Bug's photos, which is incredibly ironic given the subject of this thread, which he started. No doubt he will clarify - although he appears to be avoiding this thread whilst still posting on others.

779HOB
779HOB  21021 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 - 7:44 AM

I am not really sure why the thread needs to be deleted. I think it's a good example to others that EPZ take image ownership seriously and if you are into image theft then this might not be the place for you. I am not sure how bugs obtained the images, bugs may well have paid for them and have a licence to use has they have.

Quote: Did he ever claim the photographs were his own ?

I agree with Carabosse - the assumption is that we all only use our own or images we have permission to use. But like I say bugs may well have permission to use the photos. Or, in fact, those sites might have used his images.

It is possible that bugs has taken the original photos, uploaded them to the sites Chris has linked to and then added his own PS filters to them and uploaded here. Which of course would be totally ok.

User_Removed
10 Nov 2012 - 7:57 AM

Maybe he's hidden this thread. I'm going to comment on the tiger image.

User_Removed
10 Nov 2012 - 8:01 AM

LOL, Bugs has deleted or hidden all of those cartoonlike images.

That suggests that none of them were original and all the original photos had been used without permission. Bugs even had the cheek to add a signature to some!

779HOB
779HOB  21021 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 - 8:04 AM

Quote: LOL, Bugs has deleted or hidden all of those cartoonlike images.

oops, not looking good. I think the thread should stay but wonder if the team should have a word.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: for further attention by the team