Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Sharing Photos on FB Bad Idea

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : for further attention by the team

KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 8:23AM
Although it has at times amused me, I do find it strange that someone who stated this thread taking a moral stance on image theft with unsubstantiated claims, I suspect none of us are totally innocent in one way or another be it software or a hundred others ways of asking shortcuts.

I also note that had this started with another set of words like, "are Facebook rules stealing our images, what's your opinion" ths could have gone entirely another way, its obvous that the op started to dig in then amoying those of us looked at it with an open mind.

The old lesson of don't throw Stones in glass houses comes to mind, well done to Chriss also for bringing the images to our attention, not sure how you found them as I tried to chase the other images up with no success .
I was hoping bugs would defend himself if not to the forum but the site team itself as anything he says on here and other sites will be tainted unless he uses a new name

The question I have is are we slightly guilty of cyber bullying here. It does concern me a lot that I took part if so and the reason I felt it should be removed, on the image issue I agree the site should look at this seriously now the op has had time to respond and has removed the images without explanation to us or the team

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 8:56AM
I don't think there's any cyberbullying. Nobody sought Bugs out and picked on him, he started the thread and had been quite capable of sticking up for himself when people disagreed with him. Talking about pictures in Bugs' portfolio was totally on topic.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 9:00AM

Quote:The question I have is are we slightly guilty of cyber bullying here.

The answer is no not at all. If this had been a face to face conversation we would have all said the same things I am sure, would we have been called bullies, I don't think so. It has been done in a light hearted way. Bugs has been listened too and given a chance to reply. Our comments haven't been prolonged or aggressive. Bugs opened the debate up and was replied to. Even when Chris found the images the comments where light hearted and didn't go on for long. If Bugs feels they have have been bullied I would be happy for him to report me to the team who I am sure will investigate the claims.
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
10 Nov 2012 9:18AM
Maybe one of the team has deleted the images, just to be on the safe side.
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
10 Nov 2012 12:56PM
Yes they are gone! The graphic "art" images were attributed to Bunny, not to Bugs. But, which one them started this thread may remain a mystery. At least the images are gone from public view on the site.

This is what is states on the portfolio:

Quote:Welcome to Bugs N Bunny Photos. We are a team sharing a Nikon D3100. Bugs likes bugs and Bunny likes flowers. Sometimes Bugs takes a photo and sometimes Bunny. To avoid confusion we will be clear as to who is who in the zoo.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 1:27PM
I've submitted a report to the team about this, for both copyright and having two users on one account.