Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shift lens for disabled photographers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kenbo
    kenbo  12
    25 May 2002 - 4:45 PM

Can anybody advise me if as a disabled photographer I should invest in a shift lens? The problem comes when photographing buildings. Because of the very low veiw point I am forced to take, all my buldings are distorted. Or should I continue with my present style and accept it as my "style", part of who I am?

I am a wheelchair user, and love taking photographs. I also have a passion, no obsession, for painting and drawing, my painting style is somewhat abstract, but my portrait drawing really's on photographs to a degree for accurate rendering of the subjects face,(unless I can get a free life model for clothed portraits). This has been the case for the 300 years plus (via verious machines and mirrors) read David Hockneys article in AP. Do readers of this forum agree with David Hockney? or did all the artist of the 14th century have a eureka moment about 1340. And sudddenly became able to render flesh, and still life objects in a more 3D and solid form?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 May 2002 - 4:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Digital1
    Digital1  1293 forum posts
    26 May 2002 - 8:52 AM

Ken
    I think you answered your own question about the need for a shift lens with your last sentence. I feel you have an opportunity to show us the world with a new light. You have a view that most of us have not seen since we were 6 or 7 years old, and at that age we do not appreciate what we see. My daughter is nearly 5 and has been using a digital camera since her 4th birthday and some of her shots give a totally different view on the world than the ones taken at the same time by either myself or her big brother. So I say use the view point and strange angles to remind us and re-educate us tall folks who have forgotten what it is like to be closer to world.

As to the art of the last 2-3 hundred years or so, I think it is just the same case as old photographs imagine how many paintings have been done in that time in comparison to how many that have been kept for us to see. Probably 99.9% have been lost forever and we only see that 0.1% that held the onlookers attention. It is the same with photography, we only see the 0.1% the rest never to be seen by anyone other than the taker or family. Some fantastic photos will never be seen as most will not believe they are good enough or just have no interest in sharing them with us. The same goes for modern artist most works will never be seen outside the artist circle of friends. This is changing with the advent of the internet. The wealth of Home pages and websites devoted to peoples own work increases daily at an astonishing rate. I believe this will become the new gallery for the common man, and will reach out to a greater audience than any other forum or gallery ever could. So keep painting, keep photographing and make the world a better place.

Baz

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.