Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shocking and disturbing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2013 - 10:08 PM

Man arrested for filming Police, they end up killing his dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coMJGDqzLO8

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jul 2013 - 10:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
8 Jul 2013 - 11:23 PM

In the UK, the man would have been shot first and maybe the dog as well!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 1:19 AM

All they had to do was grab the dog by its collar, but no, they shot it three times Sad

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72120 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 9:29 AM

Let's see,
Compton(or similar) neighbourhood, with a situation requiring strong police presesnce...
Dude with poorly trained status dog (would've stayed in car if trained better) phone filming the situation at close quarters...
Crowd of onlookers filming dude with staus dog, filming police
Crowd get excited as status dog escapes through car window to protect its provider/owner....

How many times do you get bitten whilst trying to control a rottweiler(nature/character unknown) by grabbing it by its collar?
Will it's owner be telling it to sit/be good etc whilst he is being arrested?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014006 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 10:03 AM

Quote: All they had to do was grab the dog by its collar, but no, they shot it three times Sad

Or just not arrest the guy in the first place.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman  114484 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 10:10 AM

That's what comes of having an untrained possibly vicious dog as a fashion accessory, if I was the cop I'd have blown it's head off too and I'm a dog lover. However, I've also been a postman in the past and have been savaged by both a German Sheppard and a Rottie, the end result being both animals were destroyed........I blame the f***wit owner, who by his own stupid actions got the dog shot.....No sympathy whatsoever! Sorry Sad

monstersnowman

Shocking and disturbing yes, questioning why the man was arrested yes, but I can see the shooting of the dog, whilst terrible, was something I could see as being justified in the circumstances.

monstersnowman

Quote: In the UK, the man would have been shot first and maybe the dog as well!

Ridiculous.

Paul Morgan
9 Jul 2013 - 5:31 PM

I don`t know this all looks just so wrong to me, he put the dog in the car with the window wound down or partly wound down, as every dog owner should do.

The chap gets arrested and the dog runs to his aid, it wasn`t as if the dog was even biting as that stage.

monstersnowman

Quote: All they had to do was grab the dog by its collar, but no, they shot it three times Sad

Easy to say from the safety of a YouTube video but extremely dangerous and stupid in reality. I have a working cocker that has scared the life out of two burglars who didn't even feel able to grab him by the collar as he pinned them in a corner and he has a rather smaller but still extremely powerful set of jaws and sharp teeth. I wouldn't suggest anyone tries to grab a Rottweiler coming aggressively at them by its collar and probably something few people would be stupid or strong/lucky enough to manage in the split second heat of the moment. Even had he got its collar it could easily respond by biting into his arm as he held the collar.

scottishphototours

If I'd been the Policeman, I'd have shot it too.

The fact that it took 3 shots to down it shows that grabbing its collar would have been a suicidal thing to do... the officer did the right thing.

monstersnowman

Quote: I don`t know this all looks just so wrong to me, he put the dog in the car with the window wound down or partly wound down, as every dog owner should do.

The chap gets arrested and the dog runs to his aid, it wasn`t as if the dog was even biting as that stage.

Why 'wrong'... He was arrested (very questionable as to why but that isn't the issue). He left the dog in the car but didnt close the windows enough to stop the dog getting out (leave window open for ventilation but not enough to allow dog to get out - simple). the dog did get out. The dog approached with aggression. Made one aggressive attack at the officer, the second was more so, as a jump up to waist/chest height and was shot immediately. I love dogs, have bred GSD's and had many large breeds so I feel the shooting is very regretful and upsetting to see but understandable. Had he secured his dog it would never have happened.

Paul Morgan
9 Jul 2013 - 5:49 PM

The dog was secured, in his car.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43557 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 6:00 PM

Quote: The dog was secured, in his car.

Wrong, Paul. He used 2 seconds to put the dog in the car, all windows were fully wound down, and appeared to make no attempt to secure it. The dog jumped out the car window, dragging its lead behind.

Very regrettable outcome, but inevitable under the circumstances.

mikehit
mikehit  46104 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 6:04 PM

In what way was the dog 'secured' in the car? The guy put the dog on the back seat, doing nothing more than throwing the lead in after it, and left the windows open

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.