Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shocking and disturbing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  56690 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 9:53 AM

As a matter of interest, why do you say 'especially the copper'?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jul 2013 - 9:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
15 Jul 2013 - 3:10 PM

Quote: Shocking and disturbing

Ha! ....not really when you consider the levels of routine gratuitous violence and psychological manipulation on TV. We're getting to the state where nothing shocks anymore, saturated as we've become with the mindless bilge churned out by organisations that should know better but strangely don't...

monstersnowman
15 Jul 2013 - 3:46 PM

Quote: Sad for the dog,dont care about the other two clowns...Especially the copper..

Like mike I also would be interested in knowing why 'especially the copper'. On the face of it, it just seems like an ignorant, ridiculous and pointless remark.

monstersnowman
16 Jul 2013 - 4:52 AM

Seems ventile doesn't wish to justify his ridiculous comment.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023181 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 1:13 PM

You only get one phone call. Wink

polis_928tadw59

I saw this video last week, elsewhere, and have just seen this posting re the matter. Last week, after seeing the video, I could not see any reason why the dog owner was being arrested. I have since found that he was arrested for "obstruction of justice" - for filming/recording the officers walking along the street ? We have seen similar incidents in this country where the Police have been heavy handed with photographers who were solely taking shots of them. I recall many years back, when I was a rookie, attending a motor launch fire on a river. Big crowd, fire brigade in attendance, and my more senior crewmate stopped people from taking photographs.!!! I never fathomed out his logic. "If you don't know the law or the offence,don't try and enforce it with bluff and bluster." A maxim passed on to me by an old timer.

mikehit
16 Jul 2013 - 1:47 PM

In some states of the US it is actually illegal to film police in the course of doing their duty, and in other states the situation is a mess. So maybe they were in their rights to arrest him. On first seeing the video it seemed to me he was goading the police in the way he was brandishing his phone as if to say 'hey guys, look here, I'm filming you'. In other words he got the outcome he expected.

monstersnowman
16 Jul 2013 - 1:58 PM

He wasnt arrested for filming officers 'walking'. On this occasion he was getting to close to an ongoing armed incident which was made worse as he had his dog in the very close vicinity to the operation involving canine units, he also had his car parked there with windows open and music pumping out loud and was asked on numerous occasions to move away and continued to refuse and argue with them and their request. The second video shows this much clearer. I can see the headlines had it gone another way BUMBLING COPS ALLOW MAN TO WALK INTO FIRE FIGHT or DEATH PROBE COPS FAILED TO SECURE SCENE

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 3:42 PM

Quote: He wasnt arrested for filming officers 'walking'. On this occasion he was getting to close to an ongoing armed incident

The area had not been sealed off.

mikehit
16 Jul 2013 - 3:58 PM

That didn't stop him being a pain in the neck by ignoring police requests to move away.

Last Modified By mikehit at 16 Jul 2013 - 3:59 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 4:18 PM

Quote: That didn't stop him being a pain in the neck

Here there would have been a police cordon, and he would have been moved on without being arrested.

M22s
M22s  336 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 4:22 PM

Knowing how powerfull Rottweiler's are, my friend has one weighing in excess of 13 stone, a head the size of a basket ball and solid muscle, I think there response was justified.

I don't feel anyone should be passing judgement on the police officers actions as quite simply you were not there, I believe if confronted by such a strong animal in such a high stress situation, the vast majority of people would have reacted in the same manor. The officer reacted to the dog jumping up, if you had a firearm in your hand I imagine your reaction would have been the same.

You can say it would not all you like, but until you experience a situation such as that, I do not feel you are qualified to make such a statement.

Paul Morgan
16 Jul 2013 - 4:31 PM

He had the time to step back on draw his weapon, it was not already in his hand, if he had time to step back then he had the time to take other action.

Quote: You can say it would not all you like, but until you experience a situation such as that, I do not feel you are qualified to make such a statement

There is not a single person here qualified to make a statement for or against, none of us were there.

What`s done can not be un done, I just hope they have learn`t something from this.

monstersnowman
16 Jul 2013 - 4:37 PM

Quote: Here there would have been a police cordon, and he would have been moved on without being arrested.

He ignored police so what makes you think a bit of tape would have commanded his respect lol .. People in this country in my personal experience have absolutely no respect for police tape and it isn't always used .. They often just walk under, over, or snap it. Whether the area was sealed or not, whether the police had the time, were able or not to tape off the area he was still told to move away numerous times and categorically ignored these directions. He knew where he was and that he was acting against the police's wishes ... Enough straw grasping lmao ...

monstersnowman
16 Jul 2013 - 4:56 PM

At the time the dog attacked he already had his weapon drawn Paul. Why when faced with a serious danger would an officer not draw his weapon in readiness? You say he had time to draw a weapon (fraction of a second), so you leap to the conclusion that, having this fraction of a second, he has the confidence, strength and ability, doesnt need a weapon and can confidently deal with a large, heavy, attacking dog and it will not be able to injure him or his colleagues. You can keep grasping at one desperate straw after another each time your points are dealt with. I've seen a lot of dog bite injuries, some from much smaller dogs and they can be very damaging, even career ending and even smaller dogs can be a fearsome sight when in front of you intending to attack - my cocker and two burglars will testify to that.

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 16 Jul 2013 - 5:15 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.