Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shocking and disturbing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

monstersnowman
16 Jul 2013 - 5:31 PM

Quote:

There is not a single person here qualified to make a statement for or against, none of us were there.

Exactly. The officer was THERE, the officer was the one being ATTACKED, the officer was TRAINED to use firearms and no doubt how to deal with aggressive animals. You still ironically have pushed your opinion that he could easily have dealt with it different despite you not having been there, in danger, in the heat of the moment with little time to act and without being trained by his police department in dealing with these attack situations. You did start off this thread by quickly assessing the video and forming a hard and fast opinion that "All they had to do was grab the dog by its collar, but no, they shot it three times" ... Despite yourself now admitting you weren't there and aren't at all qualified to have formed this opinion :0) in the absence of proof to show otherwise I will assume the officer is innocent of any accusations and dealt with the incident acceptably, especially as my unqualified assessment leads me to this as well. Being a human though I feel qualified in knowing a di*khead looking for confrontation when I see one.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jul 2013 - 5:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72117 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 5:45 PM

I came to the conclusion that Paul *might* be playing devils advocate a while back - to a point of empathising with the dragon(taken from george and the dragon mythology), metaphorically speaking.

The time is right for something new, that is both shocking and disturbing.
Start searching Paul, and remember to maintain a provocative point of view throughout Wink

monstersnowman
16 Jul 2013 - 6:21 PM

Lol, just to be clear, I wasn't referring to Paul as a dic*head ... Just reread my post and it sounded a bit like that :0)

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314810 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 6:36 PM

I think I said way back on page two, it was a spur of the moment reaction shooting the dog, and I did not blame the officer.

Had it been a brutish officer he would have used his pepper spray Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 6:42 PM

not necessarily... warning video contains distressing footage

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2012/mar/22/dog-attacks-police-officers

keithh
keithh  1022726 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 6:58 PM

Some tests have shown that a dog will bite harder and go into a sort of frenzy reaction to 'pepper' spray' type weapons.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314810 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 7:10 PM

That is pretty bad Sad

col.campbell
16 Jul 2013 - 7:31 PM

Dogs are immune to CS, which is used by some forces in Britain. Annoyance/ strange smell/ reaction of others nearby being exposed to the effects, might account for a frenzied reaction.

col.campbell
16 Jul 2013 - 7:32 PM

Or, of course, anger at being sprayed with pepper spray!

monstersnowman
17 Jul 2013 - 6:29 AM

Quote: I think I said way back on page two, it was a spur of the moment reaction shooting the dog, and I did not blame the officer

Yep but you changed your opinion quite conversely on your next post .. You seem to be cherry picking your posts quite conveniently Paul.

Paul Morgan
17 Jul 2013 - 6:31 AM

Cherry Picking, hardly.

monstersnowman
17 Jul 2013 - 6:54 AM

Yes Paul, your next post demonstrated an absolute change in opinion ..
Quote: There just trigger happy, its not as if this is an isolated case, there`s got to be a simpler way of stopping a dog without killing it

- This was your very next post - 'Did not blame the officer', then, 'Trigger happy' .. Make your mind up .. You're sounding silly now ..

Paul Morgan
17 Jul 2013 - 7:10 AM

Trigger happy, I was referring to to other separate incidence`s that combined with this one makes them look this way, three dogs shot dead and not one of them attacking an officer, in one incident there was even a high fence separating the officer and the dog, but he still killed it.

monstersnowman
17 Jul 2013 - 7:24 AM

Lol .. What on earth, as mentioned previously, have separate incidents got to do with this incident. You just sound silly now Paul. You can't judge one incident on what may or may not have happened elsewhere .. Our justice system would collapse. Lol .. Ridiculous.

monstersnowman
17 Jul 2013 - 7:30 AM

You brought up the other incidents to prop up your op video when you saw the uproar diminishing very quickly as it transpired the officer acted reasonably. Maybe had you cited one of the other videos you may have had a more favourable response .. Who knows .. But as you stated earlier you are not qualified to even have an opinion as you were not there for any of the videos so you may as well shut up ..

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.