Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shooting a young woman

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  56682 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2012 - 5:34 PM

Audio recording?There is nothing to stop you dong it but it sounds really paranoid. Imagine the two situations:
- you have to defend yourself after your event so you whip out this recording that you had taken without telling her. How creepy is that? End of business
- you tell her you are recording the photo session. Do you explain that you are doing it in case you think she might accuse you of being a pervert? Or she thinks "why on earth does he think I want to jump him". End of business

Go there and do the job but be sensible.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Nov 2012 - 5:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

awphot
awphot  2 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2012 - 11:22 AM

I just cannot believe some of the answers on here.

This CLIENT is 18 i.e. an ADULT.

Get her to sign your normal contract/t&c's as per any other portrait shoot and just get on with the job.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2012 - 7:26 PM

If the client was a woman of (say) 28 or 38, rather than 18 would it worry Jules, I wonder?

julesm
julesm  101698 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2012 - 7:38 PM

lol, just popped back here to see how the discussion is going, and yes I agree it does all smack of a little paranoia. I have never had a problem with shooting anyone 1:1, but I just wanted to know if there were and precautions (mandatory or otherwise) that I should take, seeing as 1 she is still young, even if she is an adult and two, she had deliberately booked a time at her parents house when they were to be out, as the images are planned to be used for xmas pressies. I think the last bit just made me wary of repercussions from the parents, who may not treat their daughter like an adult perhaps, and might have taken a dim view of trade people being in their house without their knowledge?

As it happened, I got her to sign a sort of release, allowing me to use the images if I chose to, whilst also getting her to confirm the commission and that she was 18 or over. All good advice from folks here, which I think helped assuage issues later?
The shoot went well.

Thanks
Jules

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2012 - 1:25 AM

Quote: The shoot went well.

Glad to hear it. Smile

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
26 Nov 2012 - 2:07 AM

Good to hear mate. Her old folks will be made up to have a cracking portrait of their daughter.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.