Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Shooting a young woman

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2012 5:34PM
Audio recording?There is nothing to stop you dong it but it sounds really paranoid. Imagine the two situations:
- you have to defend yourself after your event so you whip out this recording that you had taken without telling her. How creepy is that? End of business
- you tell her you are recording the photo session. Do you explain that you are doing it in case you think she might accuse you of being a pervert? Or she thinks "why on earth does he think I want to jump him". End of business

Go there and do the job but be sensible.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

awphot e2
2 14 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2012 11:22AM
I just cannot believe some of the answers on here.

This CLIENT is 18 i.e. an ADULT.

Get her to sign your normal contract/t&c's as per any other portrait shoot and just get on with the job.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
25 Nov 2012 7:26PM
If the client was a woman of (say) 28 or 38, rather than 18 would it worry Jules, I wonder?
julesm 10 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2012 7:38PM
lol, just popped back here to see how the discussion is going, and yes I agree it does all smack of a little paranoia. I have never had a problem with shooting anyone 1:1, but I just wanted to know if there were and precautions (mandatory or otherwise) that I should take, seeing as 1 she is still young, even if she is an adult and two, she had deliberately booked a time at her parents house when they were to be out, as the images are planned to be used for xmas pressies. I think the last bit just made me wary of repercussions from the parents, who may not treat their daughter like an adult perhaps, and might have taken a dim view of trade people being in their house without their knowledge?

As it happened, I got her to sign a sort of release, allowing me to use the images if I chose to, whilst also getting her to confirm the commission and that she was 18 or over. All good advice from folks here, which I think helped assuage issues later?
The shoot went well.

Thanks
Jules
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
26 Nov 2012 1:25AM

Quote:The shoot went well.

Glad to hear it. Smile
Britman e2
8 1.7k England
26 Nov 2012 2:07AM
Good to hear mate. Her old folks will be made up to have a cracking portrait of their daughter.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.