Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shooting a young woman

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45757 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2012 - 5:34 PM

Audio recording?There is nothing to stop you dong it but it sounds really paranoid. Imagine the two situations:
- you have to defend yourself after your event so you whip out this recording that you had taken without telling her. How creepy is that? End of business
- you tell her you are recording the photo session. Do you explain that you are doing it in case you think she might accuse you of being a pervert? Or she thinks "why on earth does he think I want to jump him". End of business

Go there and do the job but be sensible.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Nov 2012 - 5:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

awphot
awphot  2 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2012 - 11:22 AM

I just cannot believe some of the answers on here.

This CLIENT is 18 i.e. an ADULT.

Get her to sign your normal contract/t&c's as per any other portrait shoot and just get on with the job.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2012 - 7:26 PM

If the client was a woman of (say) 28 or 38, rather than 18 would it worry Jules, I wonder?

julesm
julesm e2 Member 101696 forum postsjulesm vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2012 - 7:38 PM

lol, just popped back here to see how the discussion is going, and yes I agree it does all smack of a little paranoia. I have never had a problem with shooting anyone 1:1, but I just wanted to know if there were and precautions (mandatory or otherwise) that I should take, seeing as 1 she is still young, even if she is an adult and two, she had deliberately booked a time at her parents house when they were to be out, as the images are planned to be used for xmas pressies. I think the last bit just made me wary of repercussions from the parents, who may not treat their daughter like an adult perhaps, and might have taken a dim view of trade people being in their house without their knowledge?

As it happened, I got her to sign a sort of release, allowing me to use the images if I chose to, whilst also getting her to confirm the commission and that she was 18 or over. All good advice from folks here, which I think helped assuage issues later?
The shoot went well.

Thanks
Jules

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2012 - 1:25 AM

Quote: The shoot went well.

Glad to hear it. Smile

Britman
Britman  71669 forum posts England
26 Nov 2012 - 2:07 AM

Good to hear mate. Her old folks will be made up to have a cracking portrait of their daughter.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.