Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shooting Goths - the new sport

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139452 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2012 - 9:16 PM

Quote: Let fly - but be polite

Too complex and nobody will take a blind bit of notice. Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Mar 2012 - 9:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MeanGreeny
28 Mar 2012 - 9:36 PM

Quote: Too complex and nobody will take a blind bit of notice. Smile

Really constructive. Care to expand on an alternative or is that as far as you got?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139452 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2012 - 10:43 PM

Quote: Really constructive. Care to expand on an alternative or is that as far as you got?

Thanks............ and no. Smile

I was giving a gut reaction - which is what I think most would do.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2012 - 11:06 PM

lets flash mob morris dancers instead!

Carabosse
28 Mar 2012 - 11:27 PM

Quote: Lets flash mob morris dancers instead!

That'll never happen. Why? Because they are mainly elderly males not nubile young females! Wink

keith selmes
28 Mar 2012 - 11:51 PM

I can remember when Morris dancers were mainly yong men, except for a team of exceptionally nubile young ladies I saw in Exeter.
Of course they will all be somewhat older now.

But there may have been some new ones coming along

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/dance/7967753/Thoroughly-modern-morri...

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Mar 2012 - 8:30 AM

Quote: But there may have been some new ones coming along

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/dance/7967753/Thoroughly-modern-morris-dancing.html

I used to be a nubile young morris dancer once upon a time but sadly our costumes were not as nice as theirs! I might not have given up if I could have danced in outfits like theirs!

Last Modified By cattyal at 29 Mar 2012 - 8:31 AM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
29 Mar 2012 - 9:30 AM

they're rather nubile Wink

better than the ones I usually see at Bradford Beer Festival!

Carabosse
29 Mar 2012 - 12:56 PM

Quote: Bradford Beer Festival

I don't imagine hordes of togs flock to that festival! Lol! Grin

mohikan22
mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Mar 2012 - 1:38 PM

I think in simple answer as far as i can get my head round these answers.... Mr/mrs J Blogg has a digital camera that doesnt cost them anything to "develop", so clicky clicky to the hearts content, Find a "goth/car/animal" whatever fest and they have a "FREE MODEL" that previous to "no digital camera" (as developing was too expensive) there wasnt so many, therefore small masses. the "goths etc" didnt mind.....NOW theres far too many oooh its a model... oooh its a ferrari etc etc CLICK CLICK CLICK!!! just tom impress....nobody!
thats my view, it may be self centred or maybe nothing but from the outside looking in... thats how i read everything and interpret.

Carabosse
29 Mar 2012 - 1:51 PM

Mr Mohican has got it in one, methinks. Doesn't matter whether it is a Goth, a Ferrari, a seal or whatever. Photography is "free" now (hmm!) and it is a free-for-all.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
30 Mar 2012 - 7:33 PM

Quote: Photography is "free" now (hmm!) and it is a free-for-all.

Best pack it all in then...eh? Wink

Carabosse
31 Mar 2012 - 12:41 AM

Quote: Best pack it all in then...eh?

No........... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Grin

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
31 Mar 2012 - 9:01 AM

Quote: No........... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Ha! I did once. Check my p/f ...

It must have been just before the stampede when that shot was taken. Goth week was relatively relaxed with a good balance between shooters and posers. Things might have got a bit out of hand lately but the usual rules of talent and supremacy always apply in that the committed photographer will produce superior results in almost any situation (wish someone would teach me how!)

It might also be that nowadays a lot more folk think themselves wordly wise and nobody's fool which could be one of the reasons the public gets a bit sour when someone waves a camera about. You're invading their space and, God forbid, interfering with their human rights my dear Sad

paulbaybutphotography

Mike, You are not a street photographer pro but are simply having a go.
People need to relax and back off. Ignore any hurtful comments and try street again,
sometimes if you are sneaky you may be seen as weird/pervy (to some) and if you are open you attract attention,
you cannot win. As a genuine good guy and photographer ignore everything and take your shots, improve your eye of your subject matter
and enjoy. Switch off from the negative ~ enjoy photography. Always be sensible and polite, but all this obsessive uptight attitude is negative.
Relax and do what you enjoy doing. Some people love having their image taken and smile for you, others think what is happening ~ that is life!
Enjoy life ~ Ignore the bullshit!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.