Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shooting Goths - the new sport

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

779HOB
779HOB  21021 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Aug 2012 - 9:19 AM

It would seem to be the worst place on earth to go and take photos - I mean if there are so many people there taking photos where's the originality coming from?

I haven't read this all in detail but someone said about turning the camera on the people taking the photos, that to me would be far more interesting.

Those who are good at street photography (and this goth event doesn't come close to street) aren't really noticed, that's the point, it's not candid once the subject as seen you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Aug 2012 - 9:19 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
11 Aug 2012 - 9:36 AM

I reckon Goths should fit proper fangs and bite photographers....

keith selmes
11 Aug 2012 - 8:40 PM

Quote: Quote: Lets flash mob morris dancers instead!

That'll never happen. Why? Because they are mainly elderly males not nubile young females! Wink

I have at last got around to using the camera in my smartphone, and thus managed to land the scoop of the century, proof that CB is entirely wrong on this point Smile
(I wonder if they're the same ones I saw in Exeter in 1984 ?)

2012-08-04-14e.jpg

smartwombat
11 Aug 2012 - 9:30 PM

Quote: Lets flash mob morris dancers instead!

No way!
Some of them are armed with sticks
Some of them wear kneecap crunching clogs
Some of them are armed with swords

keith selmes
11 Aug 2012 - 9:49 PM

True enough, you don't want to get in the way of a Half Arkwright with Groin Action

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
12 Aug 2012 - 10:34 AM

Quote: But we understand what it means to be part of our scene (whatever scene that is) so understand one another to a degree. Do we know what this random person will do with the photo? why they want it? how we will be portrayed?

Do Goths and those photographing them have similarities? Goths get a kick out of looking different whilst at the same time not having to say or do anything other than walk about. I expect their increasing numbers at Whitby over the years have given many the courage to 'go Goth' - a kind of coming out? The same goes for photographers, many of whom will be attracted by the anonimity of being one amongst an increasing crowd of shooters. Many photographers would like to shoot candids but feel understandably reluctant to put their head over the parapet for fear of invading someone's privacy. The Whitby Goth Weekend is a convenient vehicle for both parties.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.