Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

shooting in raw

widtink 2 406 2 Scotland
21 Sep 2012 4:06PM
No trepidation at all cnic, i quickly learned on this site there are no stupid questions , stupid answers are a whole diff kettle o fish Wink As I'm a beginner this maybe one of those but I'am pretty sure an out of focus image is exactly that and no software will correct that so bin it and try again. Thats my method of learning anyhow Smile

Rod

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
21 Sep 2012 4:36PM

Quote: I think I am about to ask quite a stupid question.

Firstly, never be afraid to ask a question because you think it's stupid.
Even if it is, no-one will laugh at you and the chances are that, at some point, not so long ago, all of us were asking that same stupid question.

Secondly, to answer your (supposedly) stupid question, without seeing the image, it's had to make any suggestions.
You can't sharpen an image that's not in focus in the first place but you can sometimes rescue some that appear to be softer than you'd like.
I suggest that you upload it, preferably in the 'critique gallery' and we'll see what can be done.

Hope this helps and a very warm welcome to Epz!

Bren.

Hi Ron! Beat me to it!
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
21 Sep 2012 5:07PM
Or sometimes, with an out of focus image (or part of), using various Photoshop filters and tools you could exaggerate the blurriness and turn it into an interesting image. That's what I did with one of mine, and it was very successful.
But as Jester said, you can't bring something that's out of focus, into focus, using PS or anything else.
Cnic1 2 2
21 Sep 2012 6:48PM
Thanks to you all for your prompt and helpful responses. You have confirmed what I feared. I have learned a basic principle - make sure the subjects are in focus. You can always sort out problems with exposure, white balance, etc afterwards, using software. Thanks again.
Cnic1

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.