Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shoreham Meet

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111543 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2009 - 1:04 PM

Would anybody be interested in a Shoreham, Sussex meet on 25/04 or 02/05. Sterting off at the Old Fort on Shoreham Beach and then working our way up to Shoreham College to take some snaps in and around the chapel there.

The Old Fort was built to fight off invasions in 1857, then moving on along to the Adur River there are lot of houseboats, derelict boats and other photo opportunities on the way to the chapel. Route and date not cast in stone, open to suggestion. If anybody would like a map of the proposed route, PM me your email address and I'll send it on. Be warned the route is approximately 8 miles over some uneven and possibly muddy ground, especially if it's low tide and you want to walk onto the river bed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Apr 2009 - 1:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablo69
pablo69  6200 forum posts England7 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2009 - 1:20 PM

Sounds ok to me, have to check calender for dates but will et you know which is best.

Paul

bangalicious
6 Apr 2009 - 1:23 PM

Might be worth putting this in the members meeting section. I for one check this on a regular basis, and am sure others do. I would be interested, depending on dates and times. Live in Bedfordshire, but would be willing to travel to get some use of my new sigma 10-20mm.

Anil.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111543 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2009 - 1:28 PM

Quote: Might be worth putting this in the members meeting section.

Hi Anil, as soon as we can set a definite date I'll do that. At the moment the dates are flexible so it was difficult to put it under either April or May. Hope you can make it, the more the merrier.

bangalicious
6 Apr 2009 - 1:41 PM

Ok fair play...! As the organiser, set a date that is easiest for you. Then if people want to come along they can, for the date that you set. I am sure that you wont be hard pushed for interest.

Anil.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2009 - 1:54 PM

The date in May is the long Bank Holiday week-end ( Monday 4th) so some people could have other committments... not me though, I can make either date Smile

Perhaps you can check the other "local" person's availability to see which date is best.

Jeff

Slippery_Jim
6 Apr 2009 - 5:23 PM

I'd be up for the 25th, wouldn't be able to make the 2nd as we're at home to the Gooners

Juliee
Juliee  7382 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2009 - 5:42 PM

Thanks for the message Graham. I could make either date, but I'll give a vote for the 25th April.

Looks like it could be an interesting day, especially if we get the right weather.

If we start at the Old Fort and walk along by the river to Shoreham college (do you mean Lancing college?) is there another route we could take back or would we need to double back on ourselves?

Julie

JJGEE
6 Apr 2009 - 5:49 PM

Quote: I'd be up for the 25th

Quote: but I'll give a vote for the 25th April

Think that decides the date Wink

Last Modified By JJGEE at 6 Apr 2009 - 5:50 PM
CaptivePhotons
6 Apr 2009 - 7:44 PM

Quote: Shoreham college (do you mean Lancing college?)

Out of 10 billion people only one spotted the deliberate mistake. Well done Julie.

Quote: is there another route we could take back or would we need to double back on ourselves?

I was unsure on this, we could always divert via Shoreham airport or just play it by ear on the day.

I'll put this in the meetings page for 25 April. Is 10:00 AM ok for all or would you prefer an earlier/later start?

JJGEE
6 Apr 2009 - 8:27 PM

Shoreham College

It does exist Wink

I've just checked the local council's website and it appears the Pay & Display car park at the Old Fort is 2.50 for all day

Last Modified By JJGEE at 6 Apr 2009 - 8:29 PM
Jestertheclown

As an ex-inhabitant of this area, I would say that you DO mean Lancing Colege and not Shoreham College. Shoreham College is nowhere near Shoreham Beach and the prospective sites you are mentioning are all en-route to Lancing College.
The route from Shoreham Beach will (probably) take you via the perimeter road alongside Shoreham Airport which runs next to the river. It used to be unfenced so you'll have easy access to the river bank but it's some time since I've been there so it may be wise to check.
As for doubling back. Yes, you will to some extent. You could meet at Shoreham Airport as someone suggested if you don't mind not seeing the fort, though you won't have to come back very far if you do meet there. Look on the map perhaps?
I can't make it unfortunately, but I reckon you'll have a good day.
Bren.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 6 Apr 2009 - 9:56 PM
Slippery_Jim
6 Apr 2009 - 11:31 PM

well, 10 AM works for me, I'll be coming by train which arrives in Shoreham 9:30 ish which should give me ample time to get to wherever the the meeting point is (hopefully.)

Lancing College is North of the Shoreham Bypass, Shoreham College is in Shoreham itself, I know 'cos I looked them up on Google Maps Smile

Last Modified By Slippery_Jim at 6 Apr 2009 - 11:33 PM
JJGEE
7 Apr 2009 - 10:15 PM

Perhaps we should have chosen Friday 24th.

Between 14:00 & 17:00 Lancing College have an AS Photography Exam Wink

steve_eb
steve_eb e2 Member 6345 forum postssteve_eb vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2009 - 2:16 PM

Hi all,

I would be up for this one if it is confirmed as 25th April as it is my sons birthday on 2nd!
If someone could confirm this then I will be in!

Look forward to seeing the known and new faces....Steve

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.