Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Shortlisted in Animal Portrait Comp

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Coast
    Coast Critique Team 6778 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom290 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2009 - 8:13 PM

Totally excited as I have had one of my pics shortlisted in the photo360 magazine competition. A portrait of a baby Vervet Monkey taken earlier this year in The Gambia.

Ephotozine and all you guys and girls have given me the confidence this year to actually have a go at entering photo competitions and I have been really pleased to get to the final 12 in the Photography Monthly Best Photographer, getting knocked out after the portrait challenge.

The Photo360 comp is the closest I have got to winning something as I am down to the last 3 however up against a couple of strong images so fingers, toes and everything crossed.

If you have time, go take a look at page 14/15 and you can vote for your favourite (I hope you like mine the most but beauty is in the eye of the beholder). Sorry to be so giddy but feels so good to see one of my own pics shortlisted.

Many thanks to all and particularly those who have taken time to critique and comment on my pics; helping me improve and gain the confidence to have a go at some competitions.

Paul

link

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Oct 2009 - 8:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Oct 2009 - 8:16 AM

Congratulations! It must be a brilliant feeling.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Oct 2009 - 8:45 AM

well done...great shot

oliverivorybray

Congratulations Paul, great shot and you have my vote.

LeighRebecca
    6 Oct 2009 - 3:13 PM

Ah, well, I just saw that yesterday. Just so happens I voted on yours - without knowing whose they were. Wink Well done.

Coast
    Coast Critique Team 6778 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom290 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Oct 2009 - 9:27 PM

Many thanks cats and all for the comments. Karen yes a really good feeling and olly and Leigh thank you for the vote.

Looks like the horse is a furlong ahead so managing my expectations on making it 3 in a row for epz'ers although it is early days so there is still time for monkey lovers to pop along and cast their vote!

Paul

Last Modified By Coast at 6 Oct 2009 - 9:27 PM
    Auntystatic
    6 Oct 2009 - 10:03 PM

I was told I was shortlisted for this months competition too, they asked for a high res version of the kingfisher that's in my gallery here, but it didn't make it in to the final 3, maybe because someone realised I had just won last months, with my butterfly picture(thanks to anyone who voted for it)

I still have not been contacted by the editors, even though the competition ended on the 11th of last month, good luck with your entry.

Dani

pennyspike
    pennyspike  112068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 11:49 PM

It's the (monkey) Business! Good Luck.Smile

Auntystatic
    13 Oct 2009 - 1:27 PM

You won't belie this, but after winning last months comp, they have now told me the prize isn't an r2880 as advertised but a px800fw.

I am so crushed by this now, so don't expect to get your r2880 coast, hell knows what you will get.

:0(

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Oct 2009 - 1:31 PM

If they advertised that the prize was an r2880 aren't they obliged to actually give an r2880? I would take that up with them.

Congratulations anyway, great achievement.

Ian

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Oct 2009 - 4:59 PM

Quote: If they advertised that the prize was an r2880 aren't they obliged to actually give an r2880?

Isn't it usually written in the tiny, extra small print that the prize isn't guaranteed and that they can replace it with another model! It's usually there in the t&c's somewhere!

Last Modified By KarenFB at 13 Oct 2009 - 5:00 PM
    Coast
    13 Oct 2009 - 8:01 PM

Seems like a bum deal to me. However I have no expectations to winning as all the votes now have swung for the cutesy pooch picture. All that tramping through The Gambian heat to trail the Vervet Monkeys and capture some pics in their natural habitat is just not appreciated!

What is a px800fw anyway? If by some chance the vote swung and I did win I would be a little disappointed if the prize was swapped but I agree with Karen that somewhere in the T&C's there is usually the wording about the promoter reserves the right to change the prize for one of similar value..... blah! blah! blah!

It is great to be shortlisted and it would be a bonus to win just for the feeling of my pics being appreciated. Winning something tangible and useful would be the cherry on the fat creamy cake.
    I did want to make it three in a row for EPZ ers after Aunty Static and Leigh's win over the last two months. Still crossing the fingers and toes that the monkey loving fraternity have yet to place their vote..... Then again who am I kidding. : )

Coast
    13 Oct 2009 - 8:04 PM

The px800fw is an all in one printer/fax/wifi thing that is not a real photo printer and not much use for a photographer - also seems the print quality is not up to much. Certainly not up to the r2880 and about half the cost.

link

Paul

Auntystatic
    14 Oct 2009 - 6:01 PM

I am in talks with them at the moment to find out what is going on, once I was confirmed as the winner I bought ink and paper for it ready it arriving, I just got dslruser mag and on page 30 it say's you can win an R3880 worth 1150 on photo360 but this month its a compact camera, and its not next month as I know what prize that will be.

I'm just going to have to wait and see what is decided.

:0(

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.