Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Should companies approve images prior to being posted?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sastimos
    sastimos  1 United Kingdom
    10 Oct 2012 - 8:33 AM

I have entered a number of photo's into the American Tourister competition and was looking through some of the other entries.Imagine my shock when their was an image of a "dancing" bear taken in Serbia( i think) posted I am ashamed by someone living in England.

These bears do not dance because they want to but because of being tortured,This barbaric practise is illegal in many countries but sadly ,it would appear not in Serbia!

If the company(like many companies) have had to approve images prior to them being included,then I am fairly certain that this image would have not been included.I would now like to see it removed.
    I cannot find an email address for American Tourister/Samsonite but have sent one to sales asking them to forward it to the relevant dept.
    I have enclosed a link to the image please view it an leave a comment about it

https://www.americantourister.eu/photocontest/album/detail.aspx?p=14&i=2140

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Oct 2012 - 8:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2012 - 8:43 AM

The competition has been organized by Samsonite Europe if you look in the links at the bottom. Disgraceful scene and also a pathetic photograph, this is not a photographer or a photographic competition with this in it.

BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71140 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    10 Oct 2012 - 10:06 AM

The link doesn't work .... thankfully. If it has been removed they must have acted very promptly, well done for drawing their attention.

sastimos
    sastimos  1 United Kingdom
    10 Oct 2012 - 10:54 AM

Had a quick look on the web site and could not find it( will check back later though)....bang goes any chance in this comp though!! LoL.

mikehit
    mikehit  56297 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2012 - 11:21 AM

Yep, the image has been taken down since I looked at it first thing this morning.

The competition is still running, though. I am intrigued by the conditionthat "The American Tourister Photo Contest is only open to physical persons who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. "
    Who are they expecting: Cyborgs?

User_Removed
    10 Oct 2012 - 11:41 AM

Quote: I am intrigued by the condition that "The American Tourister Photo Contest is only open to physical persons ....... "

I guess that, in this day and age, so many of us have multiple virtual identities that they do have to make that sort of stipulation.

Sabreur
    Sabreur  9767 forum posts England
    10 Oct 2012 - 11:59 AM

Quote: Yep, the image has been taken down since I looked at it first thing this morning.

The competition is still running, though. I am intrigued by the conditionthat "The American Tourister Photo Contest is only open to physical persons who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. "

Stops entries from companies too.

OrganizersofATphotocontest

It was recently brought to our attention by our online community that an inappropriate photo had been submitted for entry in our Where Iím AT contest. After hearing the concern from the community and reviewing the image, it was removed as the inappropriate content is in direct violation with the terms and conditions of the contest. Furthermore, American Tourister, and parent company Samsonite, do not support or condone animal cruelty.

avacreates
    10 Oct 2012 - 5:23 PM

How do you think those 'poor' people get their money - its from people from 'first world countries' - if people with money didn't pay them, there wouldn't be as much animal cruelty. What about the circuses that travel through 'first world countries' that are cruel to the animals. What about the zoos in first world countries - the majority of the cages are shockingly disgusting - I refuse to go to a zoo. A few years ago, I campaigned for a larger enclosure for the Elephants at Melbourne zoo. Shouldn't zoo animal photos be banned too.
    What about places that cage dolphins in tiny enclosures in 'first world countries'
    Why do you think there is a 'fur trade'
    Why do you think there are poachers in Africa and Asia, they are being paid by some rich dude and he could be situated anywhere in the world
    I am totally against animal experiments and stopped buying chocolate from Nestle and Mars
    I am also totally against human suffering too

wildworlds
    11 Oct 2012 - 2:15 PM

These kids are orphans. They have no support. They dance to attract customers to one of the curio stalls just inside the Swazi border and are exploited by the people that own the stall. No dance no food. Itís not a pleasant image, but does its publication not draw attention to their plight?
    Not all of the images we produce as we travel around the world are pleasant. Does that mean we should keep them hidden? Just my thoughts.
    Sad
    p8310017.jpg

Last Modified By wildworlds at 11 Oct 2012 - 2:15 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.