Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Should I ask for my money back?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104029 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:13 AM

Can we have an update on where we are with the epz book, plesae?

sorry, double click..and I can't even spell now!!! Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Mar 2006 - 12:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:17 AM

Think Pete and the team have been busy with Focus this week.

The preview pages look very good. Classy, well laid out and informative (and no none of the pages featured any of my images).

Didn't get an update from Pete on date, but I'm sure once the team have finished the foot soaks and feet massages someone will be along with some news.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points

The book's coming along fine, but way behind the planned schedule. It will appear. I showed a preview at Focus and was encouraged by the response. I hope no one requires money back at this stage, but understand if that's what you want.

(edit: thanks Cheryl you beat me too it Smile)

We're back in the office now. I have a deluge of mail and emails and once they're out of the way and the Focus follow ups, I'm back on the book.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points

A sneak preview of part of the book was available at Focus, very good it looked too.

If you ask for your money back you will only regret it when the rest of us are receiving our copies. :0)

Ian

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104029 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:22 AM

money back not required....jsut thought the title would get attention in the right place, which it has! Smile

looking forward to seeing it....hope the hype turns into reality

cheers
jeff

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104047 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:22 AM

Had a sneak preview at Focus as well & it looked great, well laid out, great shots & imformative.
Looking foward to recieving it when it comes out.

PS - Nice to meet you all.

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:28 AM

looking at the work that Pete and the crew have done at focus ,reckon it was more than a few weeks worth!!

it would be nice next year to if Pete does it again to organise a crew of helpers from the members to assist.

nice to meet everybody there, the book will happen and like all good things worth a wait

dark_lord
dark_lord Critique Team 101490 forum postsdark_lord vcard England134 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:29 AM

I also had a look at the preview at Focus. Good to see you Pete briefly before you rushed off. Rob showed me the preview. I'm sure your pictures will be in the book Cheryl (though like you I didn't see one of mine in the few pages I looked at). Mind you, begs the question, is the book only 12 pages lol!
Keith.

BigCol
BigCol e2 Member 131835 forum postsBigCol vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:29 AM

I saw the preview at Focus and have to say that it isn't at all what I was expecting. please read on!
To be honest I was expecting a kind of year book thing with lots of big photos from the site and not much else.
What I saw was great! Loads of images split into the various gallery sections, interspersed with descriptive text and technique directions and when it eventually comes out I think everyone who pre-ordered a copy will not be disappointed.

From speaking to Pete I think that he, probably more so than the rest of us, completely mis-judged the enormity of the task ahead of him, which in itself wasn't helped when he wasn't able to get some of the images that he'd chosen from the ePz site.

The sample of the book I saw was great and full credit has to go to Pete for sticking with it. It would have been so simple to just turn around, refund the money and say 'sorry guys but due to unforseen technical difficulties the book project is being shelved'.

Mind you Pete, you'd better get a shift on, Christmas is only 10 months away!

;o)

Miles Herbert
2 Mar 2006 - 12:35 AM

Thanks for all the popcorn Pete!

The book looked really interesting, well laid out, and lots of useful tips and hints ... not just a collection of pictures stuck together...

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 12:36 AM

I read your first sentence Col and thought, Oh God, here we go!

Good job I carried on reading.

:0)

snowman
snowman  10391 forum posts England
2 Mar 2006 - 1:25 AM

Having pre-paid at the onset of the project and waiting patently there after. I presume Pete is ging to get all photographers to personally sign their work in my book, to make up for the delay Smile

Still eagerly anticipating its release, encouraging news from those who had a preview at focus.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 1:31 AM

Thanks all Smile
Good idea Phil! I'll box them all up and courier them around to each photographer in turn. The book price won't go up much... 2000 per copy should cover courier costs...and you'll get your copy August 2016. I'll start preparing now Wink

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104047 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2006 - 1:43 AM

Pete, could you make it a year earlier, say 20th August 2015, then I could have it as my 50th Birthday Present! Actually I wish I hadn't thought of that, Oh God! I'm 50 in 9 years!!! Now where did I put my wrinkle cream.

Nixy
Nixy  9131 forum posts
2 Mar 2006 - 2:59 AM

Hey does that mean a picture of mine could be in it ???????????

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.