Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Should I upgrade to a D7000?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sylar
Sylar  578 forum posts England
15 Apr 2011 - 9:41 AM

I upgraded my Nikon d300 and bought a D7000.

It's a great camera and I am enjoying filming with it!

What information I am looking for, is what external microphone to
buy for it, for filming wildlife shots.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Apr 2011 - 9:41 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123851 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2011 - 9:45 AM

Quote: If you were at Focus the D7000 was 699

Without any thought from me my credit card leapt on to the counter inserted itself into the terminal entered my pin number and a 699 D7000 was mine; a real impulse buy but not one I have been at all disappointed with.

aftertherain
15 Apr 2011 - 10:47 AM

Quote: Without any thought from me my credit card leapt on to the counter inserted itself into the terminal entered my pin number

I thought that credit card option was only available to females.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123851 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2011 - 11:15 AM

luckily my credit card rarely escapes the ball and chain securing it to my personage.

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62431 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
28 Apr 2011 - 10:55 AM

On Sylar's mic query - this is perhaps better under a new thread.
The in camera mics are multi directional - picking up AF & VR noise - and any voices behind the camera.
Video mics with a 3.5mm jack and some sort of wind noise muffle are muchy better - starting at around 100 at places like Calumet.
Warning - the Nikon 3.5mm jack plug is 2 stages - push it in half way disconects in the in camera mic. Unless you push it right in you get no external mic sound Sad
These mics have an internal battery - so you have to remember to switch them on to get sound - and off not to flatten the battery in storage.
The due out now Nikon external mic does not have it's own batteery, taking power via a Nikon dedicated hot shoe fitting - so no need to switch it on.
I do not know what the sound quality is like but, with a few sequences with no sound with my existing unit, I am interested in the Nikon.
Edit - here is my first attempt at wildlife video - adding sound and movement can bring a new dimension to wildlife photography.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clean_mud/4492590473/in/set-72157623455633916

Last Modified By LenShepherd at 28 Apr 2011 - 10:59 AM
ggadget
ggadget  2
20 Jan 2012 - 2:47 AM

We wrote a bit about the Nikon 7000 and did a comparison of the Nikon D7000 vs Canon D70 and found that upgrading from your existing camera and picking one of these cameras is really based on what you're trying to do withe camera and the type of pictures you're trying to take.

exsnapper
exsnapper  6 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2012 - 6:41 PM

I 'chopped in' my D300 for a D7000 in October.
Absolute stunner! Better spec etc, etc, No need to change lenses. (unlike my wife who went the 'C***n' route! Silly girl)

I have had no mechanical probs with the lens lock and not bothered with the Update for the video. I use a 'Proper' VC.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.