Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Should this site be renamed

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

steve_p
steve_p  81090 forum posts England
3 May 2013 - 6:48 AM

I've been a member since 2005. Increasingly I've been getting annoyed with the obsession with all things Olympus..
I'm not renewing my E2 and I'm not visiting as much as in the past.

Lets call it Olympozine it's a bit more nearer the truth as regards to contentWink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 May 2013 - 6:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink
pink  111387 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 6:54 AM

I'm afraid its all about the sponsorship these days, never a balance where moneys concerned.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96216 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 7:23 AM

Well, it goes through cycles.
Nikon, Tamron, Hasselblad XPAN to name a few.

I recall many years ago I thought that the printed magazine " Amateur Photographer " had become Jessops' in-house magazine ! !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 3 May 2013 - 7:24 AM
mikehit
mikehit  46152 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 8:08 AM

I'm a Canon user and I haven't noticed an 'obsession' with Olympus - we have the long-running thread (in the 'Olympus' forum) about the OM-D but that was started when the OM-D was new and was one of those true gamebreakers and interest was high. And the OM-D is still the market leader in compact system cameras with the PEN cameras following in its wake.

Coventryphotog
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1149 forum posts United Kingdom
3 May 2013 - 8:09 AM

What a sad thread

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 9:05 AM

Obsession? Lol. It's been a group of people who're very enthusiastic about photography discussing photography with their camera in the forums for the last year that may have tainted your view. It beats all the threads about doom and gloom like this one. If you're so passionate about another brand do something about it. Start groups, start threads, discuss photography! You won't be stopped. You are what makes the community aspect of the site.

True Olympus have just become sponsors and have a section for their brand. They also have sponsored the Photo Month so the Photo Month articles get wrapped in their brand. It has no affect on editorial integrity and you will find the hundreds of news stories, reviews, techniques and tutorials that are put up monthly that have no bias to brand.
You're seeing something that isn't really there.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Jamiegf
Jamiegf  71167 forum posts Scotland
3 May 2013 - 9:08 AM

Well Said Pete.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 9:17 AM

Quote: I'm a Canon user and I haven't noticed an 'obsession' with Olympus - we have the long-running thread (in the 'Olympus' forum) about the OM-D but that was started when the OM-D was new and was one of those true gamebreakers and interest was high. And the OM-D is still the market leader in compact system cameras with the PEN cameras following in its wake.

As another Canon user I agreee entirely with Mike.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Quote: You're seeing something that isn't really there.

LOL...Smile Rock on....!!!

Olympus? Who? Oh! That Olympus, Just a shame we don't have David Bailey to go with it, Heck! Even Keith Richards perhaps, Now that would be a team worth listening to....Wink

Rumpus, Olympus, Hardly but why not, It can't always be about Nikon, Sony, Canon etc etc..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paulcookphotography

I see they are taking over the cinemas with Olympus Has Fallen too. Must be a documentary...

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014720 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

ITS SO UNFAIR!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43607 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Quote: ITS SO UNFAIR!

Yeah, isn't life a bitch at timesGrinGrinWink

Malc

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110165 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 2:53 PM

Having been a committed Canoneer and Seen the Light I am delighted that I can now call myself an "Olympian"! Grin

(and I don't get my knickers in a twist about all the the posts by "Panandoodle" users Tongue )

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 2:58 PM

Nobody threatened to leave when Nikon Nation was set up, let alone Totally Tamron! Not sure why Olympus Image Space is seen as such a threat? Wink

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
3 May 2013 - 3:20 PM

Olympus image space?

I'm sure there should be a word beginning with K in there somewhere Smile

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 3 May 2013 - 3:21 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.