Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Should this site be renamed

steve_p 9 1.1k England
3 May 2013 6:48AM
I've been a member since 2005. Increasingly I've been getting annoyed with the obsession with all things Olympus..
I'm not renewing my E2 and I'm not visiting as much as in the past.

Lets call it Olympozine it's a bit more nearer the truth as regards to contentWink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink 11 1.9k 5 United Kingdom
3 May 2013 6:54AM
I'm afraid its all about the sponsorship these days, never a balance where moneys concerned.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
3 May 2013 7:23AM
Well, it goes through cycles.
Nikon, Tamron, Hasselblad XPAN to name a few.

I recall many years ago I thought that the printed magazine " Amateur Photographer " had become Jessops' in-house magazine ! !
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
3 May 2013 8:08AM
I'm a Canon user and I haven't noticed an 'obsession' with Olympus - we have the long-running thread (in the 'Olympus' forum) about the OM-D but that was started when the OM-D was new and was one of those true gamebreakers and interest was high. And the OM-D is still the market leader in compact system cameras with the PEN cameras following in its wake.
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1 149 United Kingdom
3 May 2013 8:09AM
What a sad thread
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
3 May 2013 9:05AM
Obsession? Lol. It's been a group of people who're very enthusiastic about photography discussing photography with their camera in the forums for the last year that may have tainted your view. It beats all the threads about doom and gloom like this one. If you're so passionate about another brand do something about it. Start groups, start threads, discuss photography! You won't be stopped. You are what makes the community aspect of the site.

True Olympus have just become sponsors and have a section for their brand. They also have sponsored the Photo Month so the Photo Month articles get wrapped in their brand. It has no affect on editorial integrity and you will find the hundreds of news stories, reviews, techniques and tutorials that are put up monthly that have no bias to brand.
You're seeing something that isn't really there.
Jamiegf 8 1.2k Scotland
3 May 2013 9:08AM
Well Said Pete.
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
3 May 2013 9:17AM

Quote:I'm a Canon user and I haven't noticed an 'obsession' with Olympus - we have the long-running thread (in the 'Olympus' forum) about the OM-D but that was started when the OM-D was new and was one of those true gamebreakers and interest was high. And the OM-D is still the market leader in compact system cameras with the PEN cameras following in its wake.

As another Canon user I agreee entirely with Mike.
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
3 May 2013 10:16AM

Quote:You're seeing something that isn't really there.

LOL...Smile Rock on....!!!

Olympus? Who? Oh! That Olympus, Just a shame we don't have David Bailey to go with it, Heck! Even Keith Richards perhaps, Now that would be a team worth listening to....Wink

Rumpus, Olympus, Hardly but why not, It can't always be about Nikon, Sony, Canon etc etc..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 May 2013 11:46AM
I see they are taking over the cinemas with Olympus Has Fallen too. Must be a documentary...
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
3 May 2013 12:04PM
ITS SO UNFAIR!
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
3 May 2013 12:08PM

Quote:ITS SO UNFAIR!

Yeah, isn't life a bitch at timesGrinGrinWink

Malc
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
3 May 2013 2:53PM
Having been a committed Canoneer and Seen the Light I am delighted that I can now call myself an "Olympian"! Grin

(and I don't get my knickers in a twist about all the the posts by "Panandoodle" users Tongue )
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
3 May 2013 2:58PM
Nobody threatened to leave when Nikon Nation was set up, let alone Totally Tamron! Not sure why Olympus Image Space is seen as such a threat? Wink
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
3 May 2013 3:20PM
Olympus image space?

I'm sure there should be a word beginning with K in there somewhere Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.