Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Show/Hide images option

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Atlas
Atlas  11621 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Apr 2008 - 8:59 PM

I donít know if anyone has suggested this before, but I couldnít find anything searching old forum posts.

Ok, before I start uploading some new shots, I really feel I want to delete many of my old images from when I was just stating out in photography. I really donít like anyone seeing all my old images, loads of really embarrassing rubbish from years ago Smile

I know itís good to look back to see how well youíve progressed, but would it be possible to have the option to show/hide selected images so we donít have to clear out our portfolios? That way we can still take a look back to see how bad we were, without everyone else seeing them too.

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Apr 2008 - 8:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2008 - 9:11 PM

Sounds good to me too.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2008 - 9:18 PM

It is a good idea. You can achieve a similar thing by creating a private album and moving the images yhou don't want seen to that.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2008 - 9:19 PM

Really?
I must try it when I have time.

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2008 - 9:21 PM

Moving them? I thought putting them in an album only created an extra link to them from that album...

Coleslaw
12 Apr 2008 - 9:22 PM

Thats what I thought too, Conrad.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2008 - 9:27 PM

Quote: Albums can be Public or Private. If you set an album to Private then nobody will be able to see the images it contains even though they are in the Gallery and your Portfolio, they will be marked as private and not displayed anywhere on the site.

If you remove images from a Private Album it is possible that they will remain hidden in the Gallery and your Portfolio!
Make the album Public first before removing images.

That's what it says in the FAQs

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 12 Apr 2008 - 9:28 PM
User_Removed
12 Apr 2008 - 9:42 PM

Interesting. I hadn't quite seen it that way Chris...

I assume you can do the reverse - move stuff from private to 'public'..??

BEVZED
BEVZED e2 Member 71140 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
12 Apr 2008 - 9:43 PM

It worksSmile I plonked a picture in and it went from my pf page!

lobsterboy
12 Apr 2008 - 9:47 PM

See - Moderators never lie Wink

Quote:
I assume you can do the reverse - move stuff from private to 'public'..??

Think so though how to do this is left as an exercise for the reader Wink

User_Removed
12 Apr 2008 - 9:48 PM

Fairy Snuff!! I'll give a go!!

BEVZED
12 Apr 2008 - 9:52 PM

Quote: I assume you can do the reverse - move stuff from private to 'public'..??

Yup!

If when you are building the album (adding pics) you get confused as to what you have already put in turn it to 'private' first, update then start building.
That way the pics disappear from the pf page, you don't put them in twice, when you are done turn it back to public and update ... bingoSmile they go back into place in your pf and no duplicates in your album.

Coleslaw
12 Apr 2008 - 9:55 PM

How to make a public album private?

BEVZED
12 Apr 2008 - 9:56 PM

'edit album details' - drop down box for private/public

Last Modified By BEVZED at 12 Apr 2008 - 9:58 PM
User_Removed
12 Apr 2008 - 9:57 PM

Cool!!! Nice one Team!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.