Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sigma - 55-200 DI lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bppowell
    bppowell  122125 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2005 - 1:49 PM

Bought the Sigma 55-200m zoom lens from Warehouse Express. Price was good at 109 +P&P.

Tried for a week all ways I knew but could not get a decent image when zoomed even to 60mm. Images were out of focus and and pretty useless.

Rang Warehouse Express after owning the lens for only one week only to be told I had to get in touch with Sigma.

This I did and they advised me to send the lens to them to have a look at. This was two weeks ago.

Rang Sigma today to ask about my lens only to find they have not even looked at it yet.

They tried to tell me the lans was marked, I maintain it was as new (it was only a week old when they received it). The chap said he would get around to having a look at it in a day or two, but if I wanted a refund I should have sent it back to Warehouse Express, I think I have met a classic case of passing the buck.

Here I am nearly a month after paying over 100 for the lens still waiting.

If this is the type of service I get from these two companies I will not be using them again.

Barry

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 May 2005 - 1:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

UserDeleted
    11 May 2005 - 2:29 PM

Barry,

Warehouse Express as the retailer have the responsibility to deal with this not Sigma.

If you want a refund then you should re-contact Warehouse Express, and state that under the Sale Of Goods act, 1979 or the updated Sale of Goods and Services Act, 1994 that you are not prepared to accept the lens as it is not fit for the intended purpose.

They (as it is within a short period of time) should refund you money.

Mike.

loweswood
    loweswood  9317 forum posts England
    11 May 2005 - 3:04 PM

I am surprised at Warehouse Express. They have have tried to shift the work on to you. The legal responsibility assuming you are in the UK lies with the retailer.

By the way, I have this lens and you are indeed unfortuanate to get a duff one as it is a very good product!

Persist and good luck.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2005 - 3:13 PM

I am surprised as Warehouse Express have a good reputation. I too have one of these lenses and it works fine. Sounds like a duff one. Good luck.

bppowell
    12 May 2005 - 12:29 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I was pretty sure the responsibility belonged to Warehouse Express but for the sake of argument I went along with it.

I am a lot more annoyed with the service and attitude of the technical support department at Sigma, it seems very offhand.
    They say the lens was marked end of story, they also say it can be cleaned up and will not affect anything; this does not make sense to me.

The fact that they can have an item that may be faulty for two weeks, not look at it and then say they will get around to it, beggars belief.

I now have to wait to see the outcome of their investigation before I can proceed.

Barry

suzieosman
    suzieosman  1066 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 May 2005 - 1:41 AM

I bought my Sigma 28-135mm macro lens from Warehouse Express about 6 weeks ago, but only started to use it a couple of days ago.....Yesterday whilst out catching Butterflies the manual focus packed up. I rang W/E at 2.00pm, they asked how long I'd been using it, and after a few minutes wait, they came back and said,"We'll send a replacement tomorrow and collect the other one".....The new lens arrived at 10.00am today, as promised and I can only congratulate W/E on their superb customer service. I am not saying they are perfect, I had problems getting my 300D in the first place, but in their defence it was because Canon were messing them about....In the end they broke up a kit for me, just so I could have my camera and I got a refund as the price had by then gone down....I was also sent the 100 cashback voucher.
    Yes, everyone is right, as the retailer W/E are responsible for replacing goods, that were unusable in the first place.
    I would suggest you speak to W/E again, ask for someone senior, or a very helpful lady called Ann, who bent over backwards to sort out my 300D delivery. They should replace the lens and sort the problem out with Sigma themselves.....Good luck

Regards Sue

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 May 2005 - 3:28 AM

The problem as I see it, is that the lens is now at Sigma.

bppowell
    12 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

Came home tonight to find a parcel. The chap I spoke to at Sigma yesterday must have had a look at my lens right after our phone call and posted the replacement with overnight postage, very good service; if only this had happened before I had to call.

The lens was replaced with a new one not a reconditioned one so the first was definitely faulty.

Now I have to fully test this new lens. I have taken a couple of images indoors in poor light and they seem OK.

So alls well at the moment.

Barry

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.