Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sigma 150 - 500mm zoom

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mick_Clayton
    5 Jul 2013 - 11:03 AM

Sigma 150 - 500mm zoom will it work with ether 1.4 and 2x converter on in auto focus?
    Reading on the web site using Sigma convertors the lens only work in manual is there any other make that will work?

This is for Canon eos fit

Last Modified By Mick_Clayton at 5 Jul 2013 - 11:06 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jul 2013 - 11:03 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

llareggub
    llareggub  4696 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jul 2013 - 11:15 AM

It depends what you shoot with there have been some firmware upgrades for cameras like the 5dMkIII and others that allow the cameras to auto focus at f8... You could also Google "taping pins autofocus", I have never tried it but can work in good light I understand.

Mick_Clayton
    5 Jul 2013 - 11:29 AM

Having looked at WEX dose the Kenko Teleplus pro300 dgx 1.4 convertor work with this lens and retain auto focus?

llareggub
    5 Jul 2013 - 11:40 AM

It depends on what camera you are shooting with, looking at your portfolio (the only picture I clicked on) says a Canon 400D... Which essentially means that no Tele-Converter will work with this lens and your camera unless you try the "taping pins trick" which I have never done but have come across on numerous forums.

Mick_Clayton
    5 Jul 2013 - 1:58 PM

That is my old camera it is now with a 5D mk11.

Willpower
    Willpower  3187 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jul 2013 - 4:50 PM

If it's of any use, I have a Sigma 50-500 and a Sigma 2X APO Tele Converter. (Effectively giving me 100-1000) Used with my Canon 40D, autofocus is fully functional. I'd be surprised if the 150-500 is not the same.

Mick_Clayton
    5 Jul 2013 - 6:39 PM

But my question is will the lens work with a converter on

llareggub
    5 Jul 2013 - 7:37 PM

I have no experience, but all of the information available says no!

5D MkII will only autofocus a lens with a max aperture of f5.6 adding a teleconverter to f5 takes you beyond that so it should not work, however there is a chap above who says it will in his 40D. I would be interested to see the results and could be tempted if they are good, however I have not heard of it working out of the box on any other forum I visit (and that is more than a few).

Mick_Clayton
    5 Jul 2013 - 9:17 PM

Thanks you have come up with the same answer as i through just needed to see if anyone has tried it out not looking good.

fcast
    fcast  1
    14 Jul 2013 - 11:50 PM

You might be able to get af on the short zoom but no chance as you zoom in, with your lens i think its 5.6 to 6.3 (correct me if im wrong)
    with the 1.4 converter you lose 1 full stop of light making your lens a f8 on the short focal size to about a f9 or more so its gonna be manual all the way
    saying all that i expected having to manual focus on my 100 to 400 l canon lens and with the kenko 1.4 converter i have just got,
    its great af all the time it might be a tad slower but not too much to cause a problem

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.