Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

sigma 150-500

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    brrttpaul
    brrttpaul  3203 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2012 - 6:18 PM

Ok I have taken the plunge and ordered my lens, I was thinking just now (unusual for me) . Anyway you can have different zoom lenses for example 100, 300 300 etc and I remember reading somewhere that a 200 lens isnt twice as powerfull as a 100 etc. So with that in mind whats the difference between the zoom on a 200 lens and a 500. Yes I know its probably a stupid question but if you dont ask you dont find out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Apr 2012 - 6:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

frenchie44
    26 Apr 2012 - 7:23 AM

I think i know what you getting at, imagine a cube 12" in size, you half fill the frame with it using a100mm lens, if you then change the lens for one that double the size of the cube in height, that then will be 4x magification not 2x as you would have 2 cubes in height and 2 cubes in width.
    i may not be right on this but a 140mm lens will twice as powerful as a 100mm lens.
    but to most of us if you double the subject in the viewfinder thats twice as powerful!
    the maths to most of us is not relevant.
    I have the 150-500 sigma its a lovely lens, very sharp and the stabilisation is effective. look at my Picture of the" Dunnock in the mist" i could not wish for a better lens.

Last Modified By frenchie44 at 26 Apr 2012 - 7:25 AM
    brrttpaul
    brrttpaul  3203 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2012 - 3:43 PM

Hi Frenchie, yes along those lines is what I ment. Some lovely photos you have there, and the dunnock is very good as is the pigeon

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.