Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Canon EF Fit

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    desbarnio
    desbarnio  2 Scotland
    7 Oct 2012 - 4:02 PM

Hi
    Will this lens fit my Canon 450d okay and also its for sale with mpbphotographic.com for £150 second hand is this a good deal and has anyone used them before.
    Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Oct 2012 - 4:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ourdayphotos
    7 Oct 2012 - 4:06 PM

Yes.

searp
    searp  2 England
    7 Oct 2012 - 8:43 PM

Yes
    It will fit and is a great lens, I have seen some reviews which say its great and others that say its not, so I guess the quality can vary.

steve_p
    steve_p  81073 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Oct 2012 - 10:26 PM

It is a small problem with Sigma lenses in that their QC is a bit variable. Having said that I haven't had a problem with any of their lenses I have used.
    I can recommend MPB. I've used them several times and found their service and goods excellent.

desbarnio
    desbarnio  2 Scotland
    8 Oct 2012 - 9:13 PM

Thanks guys , turns out MPB advertised it as non OS and when I queried it they had made a mistake, it was the up to date model taking the price to £254 with only 6 months warranty, so might just buy a new one for an extra 30 pounds, just want a newish lens to replace my kit lens 18-55

User_Removed
    9 Oct 2012 - 11:06 AM

As above Sigma's QC can be a bit hit and miss - I had a brand new Sigma 18-125 OS on a 400D sometime ago and after every 10 or so shots, I got error 99 and the camera wouldn't work, the OS also kept buzzing even when I switched it off. When I queried it with Sigma Rep, he admitted it was a faulty lens but then of course this could happen with any lens make. Their EX glass is better = to L glass or so they say! You can pick up a reasonable 17-40 L if you know where to look - not as fast but better IQ IMO

Last Modified By User_Removed at 9 Oct 2012 - 11:07 AM
    steve_p
    steve_p  81073 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Oct 2012 - 4:41 PM

The only negative side I found with the 17-40L was that the focal length at the telephoto end was too short!
    If your budget is around the £300 mark, personally I would go for the Sigma. If you buy it over the counter, should you get a "duff" one you ought to be able to get an immediate exchange.

Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 699 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2012 - 10:50 PM

I have this lens its a cracker i use it for portraits and landscapes, if you look in my portfolio the last lot of landscapes were all taken with it. Also i got the 3 year warranty from sigma for free. Think i have had it almost a year now at the time it was around £320but buy it new to get the warranty

desbarnio
    desbarnio  2 Scotland
    11 Oct 2012 - 9:32 PM

Thanks guys for the advice will keep shopping around sure to get one soon

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.