Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sigma 18-125mm f3.5 -5.6 Lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    old timer
    old timer  955 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2005 - 1:00 PM

I find my Canon 18-55mm standard lens just a little too restrictive and would like a slightly more extended range zoom. The Sigma 18-125mm f3.5-5.6 looks to be just exactly what I'd want, and it's at a pretty reasonable price of 198. I'd probably prefer to go for a Canon lens if there was one with this range, but there isn't. Does anyone have experience of the Sigma, and if so how would you rate it?

Jim

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Jun 2005 - 1:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Kris_Dutson
    30 Jun 2005 - 1:32 PM

Jim - I have one for my 300D and I love it.

It has a good zoom range that covers nearly all my needs and very rarely comes off my camera. I'm also very happy with the image quality it produces especially around f11/16 that I tend to use it at. Have a look at the last few shots in my portfolio to see what I mean. Most are at the 18mm end but 'Wealden Sunset' (which you've actually commented on)! is at the 125 end. Ok, they're compressed for uploading to here but I'd be happy to e-mail you some full size files if you really want to see what it can do.

Stenward also uses one on a D70 and I know he is also happy with his.

Kris.

old timer
    old timer  955 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2005 - 1:50 PM

That sounds very helpful, Kris. I'd very much like to see full size pics from this lens. My e-mail address is jim at intermac dot co dot uk.

My other lenses are the Canon 10-22mm and the Canon 70-200mm f4, but 90% of my pics are taken with my 18-55mm and as I said it just doesn't quite have a wide enough range. Canon do produce one at 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS but that's 450 and if the Sigma is adequate I'd rather go for that.

Jim

Kris_Dutson
    30 Jun 2005 - 2:05 PM

No problem Jim. I'm just off to bed now but I'll send a couple tomorrow.

Kris.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.