Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Sigma 24-70 2.8 DG

LUDDITE 7 4 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2013 11:29AM
I need to replace my aged Sigma 28-70 2.8 APO lense, after giving 12 years perfect results it now under exposes by at lest two stops!
Nikon's 24-85 3.5/4.5 is one lense I have looked at, but all reviews mention distortion at both ends of the zoom range (The lens feels ok, if a bit small, but the prospect of distortion & the 3.5 aparture are off putting)
My other option is the Sigma 24-70 2.8 DG. my past experience with sigma 2.8 lenses (I have 2) is good, but I do not have a dealer nearby & will need to travel to see one. I have read good & not so good reviews!
Anyone had experience with this lense?
Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb e2
7 2.4k 68 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2013 2:40PM
I used to use a sigma 24-70 F2.8, and got some great results.
I moved to Canon's own version, which is better, but not by a huge amount.
I'm actually considering going back to the sigma version, in order to free up some cash for a different lens.
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2013 2:49PM
Have you looked at the Tamron 24-70mm? I've just received one from Intro 2020 this morning. First impressions are very good. It's a good bit cheaper than the Nikon model, comes with image stabilisation and tests as well as the Nikon glass on DXOmark.
LUDDITE 7 4 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2013 6:48PM
Thanks for the info guys, adding the Tamron to my list gives more food for thought!Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.