Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sigma 24-70 on Canon

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rogerashford
    4 Jul 2012 - 2:51 PM

Has anyone got any experience of using the Sigma 24-70 EX DG on full frame bodies? I'm considering one, but reviews seem to vary a lot. Any (sensible!) comments welcome. Thanks.
    roger

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jul 2012 - 2:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

slaughteredlamb

Well I've not used this lens on a full frame DSLR but I do use it on my 35mm SLR and on my (crop sensor) DSLR. Personally I find the lens very good, no it's not as good as the Canon 24-70 L but then it doesn't cost anywhere near as much either. My only criticisms of the lens is that the zoom isn't as smooth as other lenses (but I've used worse) in that it can feel a bit tight and the AF is not as fast as on my Canon lenses but it's fast enough.

I've certainly seen no problems with this lens on my 35mm SLR that said I actually would like to replace this lens with the Canon 24-105 for my 35mm SLR as whilst 24mm is wide enough on full frame 70mm can be a bit on the short side occasionally. I'd say that the 24-105 is a better lens anyway optically and versatility wise if you don't need f/2.8. Seeing as I have a crop DSLR and don't have the funds I won't be upgrading to the 24-105 lens anyway and am perfectly happy with the Sigma 24-70

icphoto
    icphoto  13963 forum posts England
    4 Jul 2012 - 6:53 PM

I have one that I use on A Nikon D7000, and I am very happy with the results. As it has been said its not as good a A Nikon or Canon equivalent, but it costs alot less!

tatkinson1983
    4 Jul 2012 - 11:12 PM

I have one. I've had to play with microadjustment to get it sharp as it wasn't at first. Now it's perfect focus wise, zoom was sluggish at first but eases up. It's a nice lens, I've used both canon and sigma version. The canon is smoother, I didn't have to use the microadjustment and the colours are a little nicer but hardly noticeable.
    If I used it more, I'd get the canon version but I don't use it that ofter. 16-35, 35, 50, 70-200 are usually in my bag.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.