Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

sigma 50-500mm NAF - Any good?

15 Mar 2010 4:49PM
I'm thinking of the above lens in NAF fit. Does anyone have any experience of this lens, good or bad? I'll be using it on a D700

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
15 Mar 2010 5:29PM
Personally I'd hang on for a while, There will soon be a new version on the shelves that has image stabilising, Something that will no doubt be very usefull on a lens with such a large range.....Wink

Its going to be around 250 to 300 quid deaer than the older NON OS version, But probably well worth it......!
16 Mar 2010 7:52PM
Have had this lens nearly 3 yrs now, great lens most of my portfolio shots are taken with it
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
16 Mar 2010 8:02PM
There are some older threads here: Bigma
harrattp 7 11 4 England
27 Mar 2010 9:11PM
I have been using the Sigma 50-500mm on my Nikon D200 and Nikon D3 for quite a while now. It has been a good lens though when compared to a recently loaned Nikon 400mm lens used on my D3 it pailed in comparison. But then again, the price difference of 500 to the Nikon 5000+ you would expect it to be inferior. Take a look at my PF as most of the images on the last few pages where taken with the Sigma. If price is an issue then the Sigma is a good one to go for.

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.