Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6D II APO macro super

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2011 - 7:18 PM

A quick question. Does this lens autofocus on a Nikon D5000? I'm pretty sure it does i.e. that the D5000 isn't like the D40/D60 and also the lens has its own motor.

But I would like confirmation please as I have been asked by a potential purchaser of said lens.

Ben

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Nov 2011 - 7:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saxon_image
    1 Nov 2011 - 8:21 PM

AF-S and AF-I only for the D5000 according to Nikon at http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d5000/compatibility.htm

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2011 - 8:45 PM

Hmmm; thanks Paul. I thought the fact that the lens had its own motor overcame the fact that the camera didn't!Sad

Ben

saxon_image
    1 Nov 2011 - 10:39 PM

I used to have an earlier version of that lens which didn't have a motor (as far as I know- used it in a D80) but seems they have since been re-designed - see http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/quicklinks/HSM_lenses.htm - may be OK after all.

Scutter
    2 Nov 2011 - 3:59 PM

for future reference/ searches for the answer I have received the following from WEX:

Dear Ben

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that this will autofocus on the D5000 and also the D40.

Kind Regards

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.