Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

Sigma macro 105mm minolta fit not compatible with Sony?

Cuz 2 1
31 Jan 2013 8:51AM
I've been given an old Sigma 105mm EX Macro lens to play with which I'm told is a minolta fit for my sony a33. The mount looks the same but is larger than my other lenses so it won't fit onto the camera body. Am I missing something or is there maybe an adapter I can get? I thought that all old minolta fit lenses would at least fit on Sony's even if there may be issues with autofocusing etc?

Thanks for any pointers.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Caisiel 2 17 Wales
31 Jan 2013 4:44PM
Hello. I had a sigma 105mm EX that fitted on a minolta Dynax film camera, minolta 7D and sony A850, the minolta AF (or A) mount is the same as the Sony. Only when you go back a few decades and look at the Minolta MD (non AF) mount could there be a problem, but I dont believe the 105EX was around then. In fact I have a fair bit of older decent minolta ( AF glass that works very well on Sony. One or two may have limitations with the amount of information sent to the camera but certainly no problems with AF and mount structure.

can you post a picture of the mount??
Maybe a silly question but is there an adapter mount fixed to the lens mount where it has been used on another (NIK, CAN, OLY??)

Cheers

Chris
Cuz 2 1
1 Feb 2013 10:47AM
Thanks for the help, I'm now thinking it's a canon lens after all, doh! Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.