Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sigma PKA 28mm mini-wide II on GX20

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    GX20PAB
    GX20PAB  4 United Kingdom
    29 Sep 2010 - 11:18 PM

I have a Sigma mini-wide II F2.8 PKA fit lens on a Samsung GX20. Using the lens on A setting will only display a maximum aperture size of F4.

The lens works perfectly well on a Pentax P50 Film SLR - opening the aperture and holding down the DOF preview button the iris opens nicely wide open and operating the aperture ring manualy and opening up to F2.8 shows a corresponding faster shutter speed as expected.

A Pentax 50mm F1.7 PKA lens has no problem on the GX20 displaying all apertures.

A mystery that I am very keen to try and resolve - if anyone can help?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Sep 2010 - 11:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johnriley1uk
    johnriley1uk e2 Member 926 forum postsjohnriley1uk vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2010 - 3:40 PM

Sigma lenses are reverse-engineered, that is, they do not pay Pentax for a licence to use the K mount. This means that older lenses may well mis-report to the camera and not be properly recognised. You won't have the problem with Pentax lenses.

The Mini Wide 28mm is quite old now, so probably not worth having Sigma re-chip it, even if it were possible.

The only other thing you can try is to clean both camera and lens contacts with a soft dry cloth in case there is poor contact.

aliengrove
    23 Dec 2010 - 9:45 PM

I have the 24mm version of this lens which works perfectly in A setting, and I would think if this works on your P50 it should work on the GX20. I can only suggest that the lens is not locking in place properly for some reason?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.