Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Silent viewers

Hello out there, crd here. I was wondering what anyones thoughts were on the many people who view an image but dont say a word.
Surely they must have some opinion or thoughts on what they have just looked at???
I could start ranting but I wont. Just a bit irritating really. Clive.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NexusImages 7 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2007 8:45PM
Can I ask why it is irritating? Is it because you really want the feedback no matter if it is good or bad? Do you think some people don't comment because they don't have the time or are not as articulate as they would like? I know I have clicked on many an image and said nothing as sometimes conceptualising why you like an image is not easy. It would be a bit grim if everyone replied with a standard answer of ..nice or something similar.

Personally I'm not irked by clicks and no comments. Any click is a good clickWink. Can't account for views as I ain't joined E2 yet.
Cephus 10 2.2k England
27 Sep 2007 8:47PM
CLICK THREAD ALERT
NexusImages 7 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2007 8:57PM
HA HA! Smile Smile Smile
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
27 Sep 2007 8:58PM

Quote: could start ranting but I wont. Just a bit irritating really.

Sounds like you're a person that's easily irritated then.
Perhaps your images are either so good or so bad that people are just lost for words.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
27 Sep 2007 9:00PM
...and that's another silent viewer Clive.

....Mike
PP 13 222 England
27 Sep 2007 9:04PM
Many people, certainly including me, probably don't have the time to comment on so many photos. I do try to give comments where an image, in my opinion, is very impressive.
christabella 10 133 1 England
27 Sep 2007 9:22PM
Have a glass of wine and relax.
If you like it click it, would be good to comment on all the photos I look at but like a lot of people havent time, sorry.
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
27 Sep 2007 9:32PM

Quote:Hello out there, crd here. I was wondering what anyones thoughts were on the many people who view an image but dont say a word.
Surely they must have some opinion or thoughts on what they have just looked at???
I could start ranting but I wont. Just a bit irritating really. Clive.

they find your image not good enough for a click/comment or not flawed enough for a comment/critique. so in their eyes you're mediocre Tongue Wink well either that or they are doing it to piss you off. Smile

Seriously though you have no way of knowing who they are, so no way of correcting it, concentrate on producing stuff you like, and look to those that are willing to comment.
Thanks for replies. Hadn't thought about lack of time!! I tend to look at an image and make a comment and then if I run out of time, I stop looking at any more images.
And I'm not bloody easily irritate Justin. LOL, its just that I do appreciate comments good or bad as thats the only way to improve my photography.
Still, have fun everyone.
Clive
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
27 Sep 2007 9:43PM

Quote:its just that I do appreciate comments good or bad as thats the only way to improve my photography.

In that case your best bet is ask for specific advice on aspects of your image or photography you're not sure about,hopefully you'll then get some useful info.
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
27 Sep 2007 9:44PM
or use the critique gallery?
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.
Clive
doug_7 9 482 England
28 Sep 2007 5:44AM
"the many people who view an image but dont say a word"

Must admit I am one of those who just likes to look. I like looking at pictures.....end of story. I comment now and again if I have time but time taking up on comments will mean less time for viewing. I don`t care what the subject is about or if it`s good or bad, I wouldn`t know but I would still look.
If someone has taken the trouble to post a pic then I would look at it. You get some good ideas on here. Also I find it better to view this time of the day 05.40 because the site is easy to navigate and not slow like it is at 20.00 hrs. Now back to viewing before I start my work.
d.
I get fed up waiting for the site to load any comments I might make so if I like an image I just click and run.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.